Wild Musk (1973)
    by Coty

Reviews of Wild Musk

Showing 1 to 6 of 19 reviews.

LCarolC's avatar
    LCarolC

Sensual without breaking the bank!

I took trip down a very wonderful memory lane when pulling out this one from the closet. I had a revelation that a wonderful ,wearable scent need not cost a fortune (oh the cash I've forked out on fragrance). Wild Musk is warm , comfortable and sensual in a low key natural sort of way. No pop celebs, neon colors, artsy bottle, million dollar advertisements here. This scent will lead to snuggling by a fire, curling up under covers for a romantic movie, walking through fresh Autumn leaves and all things simple and lovely. An added bonus is an escape from strong floral, fruity headache inducing, sneezy, eye watering bottles of "hope for the perfect scent. " Did I mention the cash I've spent! Seriously, you really should take a chance with Wild Musk.

Pros: Distinctive, long lasting, everything good about the 70s!
    Cons: Cannot be pretentious in this one."

22 October, 2013

purplebird7's avatar
    purplebird7

My Signature Musk

Coty Wild Musk used to be my signature scent in my teens and 20s. I used the oil. It was both clean and dirty, warm and sweet, with a powdery finish that lasted all day. It was sexy and blossomed with the heat of skin. It was the perfume of my discovery of love. It was me. I still wore it in my 30s, and my children said, "It smelled like mom."

The current EDT is a pale shadow of the original but still the best product to replace the original. Wild Musk smells like it has vanilla or amber, some white florals and/or rose, bergamot, sandalwood and/or a touch of patchouli, possibly some coumarin or heliotrope. Current synthetic musks that carry some of the aspects of this scent are Habanolide (clean), Velvione (dirty), and Ambrettolied (fruity.) Other musks of the era that are still available but not quite as good are Bonnie Bell Skin Musk and Jovan Musk.

Pros: Sexy, skin scent
    Cons: Reformulation is weak"

09 September, 2013

Darvant's avatar
    Darvant

A radiant, feminine, bit vintage floral musk with patterns of bergamot, orange and  amber-vanilla in the dry down. The juice is tenacious, sensual and finally warm and comforting with some rosey and baby powder (and so corporeal, for many dirty) kind of accents.  A really decent and attractive cheap fragrance unfortunately a bit hard to find nowadays.

28 July, 2012 (Last Edited: 11th February, 2013)

Beehles's avatar
    Beehles

This is my drug store guilty pleasure and my husband's favorite scent on me. I literally have to scrape him off of me when I wear it!

I have a "bumpy" bottle from the early 90s and am sad to hear that the newer bottles may not have the same depth and richness.

Wild musk is probably the sexiest scent that I own. If you enjoy musk and can find a vintage bottle I would recommend giving this one a try.

12 May, 2012

lefay's avatar
    lefay

Though I'm not a musk fan in general (and in fact usually go out of my way to avoid it), I wore Coty Wild Musk Oil all through the '70s. To me it was less animalic than sweet and ambery-vanilla. Sexy but not in-your-face dirty. Men loved it, and I felt beautiful when I wore it.

I just rediscovered it, finding a bottle for less than $15 online. I expected to be disappointed, having in the meantime developed a taste for more sophisticated and complex scents -- but it still casts the same spell.

13 January, 2011

jpc815's avatar
    jpc815

I have been wearing Coty Wild Musk since the 70's when it first came out. I absolutely love it. It is one of the few perfumes that does not give me a severe headache and nausea and I get more compliments on how good it smells. It is becoming harder and harder to locate, they do come out with specials on it at Christmas, so I buy a lot of it and put it up at that time. It stays for a very long time, on my clothes, I can smell it a week later when I get them out of the laundry basket to wash them. I have tried other musks, but this is the only one I really care for, apparently others can smell it long after I can smell it on myself because I get comments on it long after I have aplied it

31st August, 2009