Ex'cla.ma'tion (1988)

PerfumerSophia Grojsman
Parent CompanyBenckiser > Coty Inc > Coty Beauty
Parent Company at launchPfizer

About Ex'cla.ma'tion

Ex'cla.ma'tion is a feminine perfume by Coty. The scent was launched in 1988 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Sophia Grojsman

Ex'cla.ma'tion fragrance notes

Reviews of Ex'cla.ma'tion

Exclamation was a perfume that ended up in the collection of most of the female members of my family. The bottle always piqued my curiosity, and I was able to check it out
on my wrist without reservation once upon a time.

The note that stuck out then and now: Peach! (Not listed in the above triangle, strangely.) Peach instantly catches my attention, whether in perfumery or in the culinary world. Exclamation has a healthy collection of other fruits as well, giving the perfume a gourmandish quality which, when mixed with the heart and basenotes, lead to a slightly Sweet Tart candy-like personality. It's not overwhelmingly floral, and it ends up with a powdery quality that is accented by sandalwood and musk.
(Vanilla seems to stick out of this one as well.)

I think more female kids, teens, and young women have had encounters with Exclamation than not: It's always been drugstore inexpensive and quite accessible vs. some high-end mark. It seemed a natural scent to give as a gift or to purchase for oneself without breaking ones budget. As a man, it stirs up memories of beholding this scent wafting plentifully at the local malls I grew up in during the 80's / 90's (I don't think the date is correct above: 1998 is WAY too late a year from what I recall; perhaps 1988 is what belongs there.)

There are many, many other options out there for the more mature-minded lady than with Exclamation. However, it doesn't seem altogether obsolete and outdated, and it is great for conjuring up nostalgia from decades past!
(And there are a LOT of flankers of this one to check out, giving the prospective tester lots of options.)
24th August, 2018
A non-scent. Cheap, plastic, grape soda. Nasty thing.

Avoid at all costs.

Peach, Apricot, Bergamot
Orris, Rose, Jasmine, Heliotrope, Muguet
Cedar, Amber, Sandalwood, Vanilla, Musk Cumin

…..But you'd never know it.
08th June, 2015
I bought a small bottle of Exclamation recently, as I find myself revisiting nostalgic scents of the '90s. I couldn't for the life of me remember what this smelled like, but I have always been intrigued by the bottle as well as the tagline - "Make a statement without saying a word". I am sure I had this as a kid, or, at least borrowed my sister's out of her caboodle from time to time! =)

For such a quirky bottle and the promise of statement-making, this scent doesn't quite live up to the hype, BUT... that's not a bad thing, because it's still beautiful. It isn't at all loud, obtrusive or bold. Wow, did this perfume really come out of that exclamation point bottle? It's so soft, sweet and safe! Creamy vanilla, sweet peaches & apricots with just a little pinch of cinnamon. Wispy musk, soft & sandalwood and delicate rose.. it smells as if it could just float right away!

Don't let the bottle fool you. This is a well composed and serious scent. I'm glad I snagged a bottle.
09th May, 2015
A+ for its place in fragrance history. It was my first ... and it was affordable at a time when the only choices in the US were higher priced items in department stores, lower quality items from drug stores, and mid-range products from Avon.
26th March, 2011
smells like its price tag, cheap :(
27th March, 2010
Oh my, this perfume reminds me of being 15 or 16 years old in high school! Back then, after receiving this as a gift, I did not like it. I thought the scent was too drab and cheaply. But after running across this scent in a local grocery store/mall a few days ago, I spritzed it on and immediately loved it! Pre-dry down it smells a little strong and floral, but the dry down smells clean and musky, my favorite scent! So, to not waste money, I brought a little bottle to see if this will turn out to be one of my new "staples"....so far, so good!
12th January, 2009

Add your review of Ex'cla.ma'tion

Shop for Ex'cla.ma'tion products online

Shop for Ex'cla.ma'tion at online perfumeries

Ex'cla-ma'tion Exclamation Cologne Spray FULL SIZE 1.7 fl.oz.

$10.99 (0 Bids)
End Date: Monday Jan-27-2020 13:32:44 PST
Bid now | Add to watch list

Coty-Lot 5 Ex' Cla Ma'tion Sample Sized Cologne Spray For Women - 1.875 Oz Total

End Date: Monday Jan-27-2020 15:09:44 PST
Buy It Now for only: $13.99

NEW NIB VINTAGE 2 pc Gift Set Ex'cla.ma'tion by Coty Cologne Spray 1.7

End Date: Tuesday Jan-28-2020 10:31:03 PST
Buy It Now for only: $15.50
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Coty - EX'CLA-MA'TION Cologne Spray - .375 fl.oz.

$3.00 (0 Bids)

COTY EX' CLA - MA' TION Exclamation Blush EDT Perfume 1.7 Oz (30% full) Spray

End Date: Tuesday Jan-28-2020 18:27:44 PST
Buy It Now for only: $9.85
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Coty - EX'CLA-MA'TION Cologne Spray - .375 fl.oz.

End Date: Wednesday Jan-29-2020 9:06:29 PST
Buy It Now for only: $10.10
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

vintage cologne for women Ex cla ma tion

$25.00 (0 Bids)
End Date: Friday Jan-31-2020 4:11:21 PST
Bid now | Add to watch list

vintage cologne for women Ex cla ma tion noir

$25.00 (0 Bids)