Vanilla Fields (1993)
by Coty (originally by Margaret Astor)

Vanilla Fields information

Year of Launch1993

Originally byMargaret Astor
Parent CompanyBenckiser > Coty Inc > Coty Beauty
Parent Company at launchBenckiser > Coty Inc

About Vanilla Fields

Vanilla Fields is a feminine perfume by Coty. The scent was launched in 1993

Reviews of Vanilla Fields

Buy a small size first to test

I can see how this would turn floral-powder on some people. I am lucky to have skin that amplifies vanilla, and I love vanilla! This smells like soft musky vanilla powder on me, with vanilla being the most prominent. It is great for what it is: a drugstore scent. I like to layer it with green scents. If you like vanilla and don't have much money, this is fine in most cases. Not as clean-edged as some more recent vanilla perfumes, nor as loud. Inoffensive; a good choice for someone who wants an office scent with a vanilla base.

Pros: Nice skin scent, cheap as dirt
Cons: Not as nice as some higher-end scents"

18th August, 2013
I get plenty of vanilla in Vanilla Fields. Hadn't worn it in years, but recently acquired a bottle in an auction lot. I am reviewing an older bottle which I estimate to be from the first formula. I does smell different than a new one you would buy today. It's actually pretty good for a drugstore scent! I sometimes layer it with more severe, incense type scents.
20th June, 2010 (last edited: 29th January, 2011)
The only vanilla fragrance that doesn't turn my stomach- i'd rather taste it than smell like it- but I did kinda like it back in the early 90s.
03rd December, 2009
A decent drugstore offering. As others have commented, there is very little vanilla to be detected in this fragrance. The overall effect is a powdery floral amber. Nice, but if you're a fan of the sweet, loud vanilla notes in the Comptoir Sud Pacifique line, for example, you won't find what you're looking for in Vanilla Fields. On the other hand, if you like Downy Lavender Vanilla fabric softener, this scent is probably right up your alley. If I could no longer afford designer, niche and artisanal perfumes, I would probably buy this one. Nice, but nothing special.
14th September, 2008
Not as sugary sweet as most vanilla scents. For someone who doesn't like sweet fragrances I suprisingly enjoyed this one. There is a subtle sweetness that lingers on your skin when applied. The perfect fragrance for a nice spring day.
10th August, 2008
After hearing this compared to my beloved Casmir over and over, I finally tried Vanilla Fields again (memories from high school were vague) to see if there was any truth to it. No way. Casmir is warm and complex, and Vanilla Fields, as others have said, is flat, boring, and more floral than vanilla. It's not offensive, but not something I would wear.
26th July, 2008