Fantasia de Fleurs (1862)
by Creed

Fantasia de Fleurs information

Year of Launch1862

HouseCreed
Parent CompanyCreed

About Fantasia de Fleurs

Fantasia de Fleurs is a feminine perfume by Creed. The scent was launched in 1862

Fantasia de Fleurs fragrance notes

Reviews of Fantasia de Fleurs

Fantasia de Fleurs smells mostly of rose and jasmine to me, blended with a host of other white flowers. It’s all very bright and cheerful: a flower garden on a sunny day in June. Fantasia de Fleurs bears a family resemblance to this house’s later Fleurissimo, but it’s a bit richer, heavier, and ultimately more earthbound, due I think to a much stronger dose of Bulgarian rose. Zztop is right to point out that this fragrance has aged very well, without ever betraying its vintage character. Nice.
14th June, 2014
Sweet. Old fashioned (a good word in my personal dictionary). Opulent. Persistent.
Floral, creamy and indolic.

Fantasia de Fleurs is classically beautiful. Jasmine and violet are the first notes I detect. Then rose emerges (not a fresh rose, mind you!) and some 15 or 20 minutes after that, the animalic notes of amber gris and musk emerge lending it an enchanting depth.

This is clearly a child from the 1980's. I would like to know what the original version (if there ever was one) smelled like.
If you enjoy wearing Beautiful and Joy, give this a try.
02nd January, 2011 (last edited: 20th September, 2011)

Rose and jasmine in the opening – nicely presented – plus a strong animalic note – possibly civet; or maybe the animalism comes from the indolic emanations of the potent jasmine; or it could be a potent musk note. Regardless, Fantasia de Fleurs opens strongly and sweetly floral and the bouquet increases it as it an iris note is added. The heart accord is followed by a typical Creed drydown of musk and ambergris, and it is pleasant and smooth as most Creed dry downs are. Some other reviews mention “fresh.” I don’t get “fresh,” but that could merely be my oversensitivity to the heaviness of the rose note. I can believe this fragrance is a classic: It has presence without being overdone … OK, maybe the animalic note is a tiny bit overdone, but I wouldn't complain about that.

Still, in all, I don’t find Fantasia de Fleurs very complex or even very interesting. It is flawlessly assembled. I rather enjoy it and there is nothing about it that I dislike, but there is nothing that holds my interest…

16th July, 2010
Another nice floral done by Creed. Perhaps not my favorite scent on a female by the house of Creed but definitely is up there. Creed almost always does well with their florals. Nice work!!
30th April, 2010 (last edited: 20th May, 2010)
All I can come up with for a list of notes for this is rose, iris, and ambergris. However, I find it to be an over-the-top sweet, deep floral with animalic notes. At any rate, it is an exceedingly over-the-top floral on the order of bathroom spay. My apologies to the many who find it charming. It certainly isn't subtle.
20th September, 2008 (last edited: 06th March, 2014)
I tried this on a whim after reading some reviews. It opened for me as something akin to walking into a dense flower garden on a hot day, heady and lush. A small sample on my wrist seemed to hang delightfully in the air. After a short time it dries down to something softer and rich yet still maintains the lightness of its flowers. After a few hours, it still held its allure and even seemed to possess a deeper smoothness, which lasted throughout the day. Absolutely timeless and a must have.
24th August, 2008

Add your review of Fantasia de Fleurs

Shop for Fantasia de Fleurs products online

Shop for Fantasia de Fleurs at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Fantasia de Fleurs

Member images of Fantasia de Fleurs

There are no member images of Fantasia de Fleurs yet. Why not be the first?

Perfumes launched in the same year as Fantasia de Fleurs (1862)