Jasmin Impératrice Eugénie (1870)
by Creed

Jasmin Impératrice Eugénie information

Year of Launch1870

HouseCreed
Parent CompanyCreed

About Jasmin Impératrice Eugénie

Jasmin Impératrice Eugénie is a feminine perfume by Creed. The scent was launched in 1870

Jasmin Impératrice Eugénie fragrance notes

Reviews of Jasmin Impératrice Eugénie

Hairspray aldehydes with rose and jasmine over sandalwood, ambrox, and a full chypre structure. The florals smell more like grandma's fancy guest soap than realistic flowers, but the sawdust-smelling sandalwood and the sour greens of the chypre ingredients keep this more masculine than you'd think, especially when smelled up close. In a way, it's like Bois du Portugal with flowery soap instead of BDP's fusty bergamot and hawthorn.

All in all, I'll give Jasmin Impératrice Eugénie a qualified thumbs up - I think it's nice in the way an old perfume smells nice, but the chypre elements give it an unbalanced bitterness that's a little jagged played against the round, soapy florals. And I've never been a big fan of hairspray aldehydes. But I still think this is fun and worth trying.
22nd March, 2015
This is another beautiful classic scent from Creed. For the longest time my assumption was that it would be a heavily floral dominated fragrance based on the title. I was wrong! Yes there are some florals: jasmine and rose however these notes aren’t the main focus of the fragrance. The opening introduces the notes of Italian jasmine and Bulgarian rose as well as bergamot. Together, this creates a rather fresh and crisp opening. The opening is short lived as the bergamot will disappear completely while the florals will recede into the background giving way to the heart of the scent. The heart introduces notes of sandalwood and vanilla. I detected a little bit of amber as well although this wasn’t officially listed in the notes. The heart is supported by a backbone structure of ambergris. At the base, the scent becomes rather sweet focusing heavily on the vanilla and sandalwood which makes the drydown so irresistible to smell. Personally, I consider JIE to be similar in nature to Angelique Encens and Vanisia. They’re similar in which the vanilla in all three plays a significant role in the composition of the drydown. Longevity and silage are good. I got over 8 hours in longevity while the silage was above average for the first several hours and average/below average towards the end. JIE is better suited for the colder weather as the scent projects quite well. I would consider this more of a unisex fragrance as the florals aren’t the dominating notes of the scent. If you enjoy vanilla-based fragrances then I highly recommend trying out this one as well as Angelique Encens, Vanisia (Note: it’s actually more amber-based), and Sublime Vanille. Overall, JIE is another masterpiece from Creed.

15th March, 2015
Oviatt Show all reviews
Jasmin Imperatrice Eugenie is a rich floral that certainly has jasmine in it, but is not a jasmine soliflore. The bright bergamot opening is over in a flash and the florals--rose and jasmine--come together and smell much more like hyacinth to me. The house note of ambergris lends a slightly salty element and the vanilla and sandalwood base give it a creamy, oriental finish. The funny thing is that to me, this 145 year old fragrance smells a lot like two modern hyacinth-heavy classics, Estee Lauder's Private Collection and Escada's first woman's perfume. With its rose/jasmine nexus, this could easily drift into the Joy camp, but is nothing like that famous perfume. If the Empress Eugenie actually wore this, then she was way ahead of her time. To me this is a rich, elegant floriental reminiscent of ladies who lunch, as suitable today as it was when Eugenie was having her imperial dejeuner au palais.
06th March, 2015
Genre: Floral

Jasmin Impératrice Eugénie opens with a rich jasmine and white rose accord, joined after a few minutes by a soft wood (sandalwood?) note and a very brightly rendered amber. The resulting heart accord is at once sweet, luxurious, and sprightly.

The jasmine takes a back seat during the drydown, leaving a rather sultry amber and wood base exposed. The prominent amber note makes this a surprisingly sexy fragrance for something of this vintage! I did notice that the amber drydown includes an odd, sour not that I cannot place. Off-putting, frankly, but I suppose it keeps the accord from being too sweet and conventional. OK overall, but it's never going to knock my socks off.
18th June, 2014
It took me a long time to understand this perfume. I thought it was not a jasmine, because a jasmine soliflore for me was very different, like for example A la nuit ( Serge Lutens), which is the perfect scent of jasmine that you can smell at night for example in the gardens of La Marsa, Tunisia, in summer. BUT when you go there in november, you smell a completely different scent, sugared, a cristallized jasmine in a way: exactly Creed JIE!!! A true revelation!!
26th November, 2012 (last edited: 30th November, 2012)
Jasmin Imperatrice is not about the jasmine to me at all, while there are undoubtly jasmine and bulgarian rose in this gorgeous creation, this fragrance is not at all what you would expect based on the name, except if you think about imperatrice. This fragrance is for sure very royal and made for an imperatrice, not for the faint at heart with its powerful presence, which is what I want in my perfumes.

What this fragrance is about is its unparalelled drydown, perhaps the most gorgeous amber-vanilla-sandalwood trio I have eber smelled. It stays for days and it haunts you for days, it is soft, velvety, creamy, sweet, sensual and very passionate, it does not let you forget about it just like the imperatrice it was created for.

Although called a jasmine perfume, I think this fragrance is best suited for cooler seasons and/or nights, it is very conforting while seducing and though I was definitely looking for a summery fragrance, as usual I fell for something with a big presence and deep base.
18th June, 2012

Add your review of Jasmin Impératrice Eugénie

Shop for Jasmin Impératrice Eugénie products online

Shop for Jasmin Impératrice Eugénie at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Jasmin Impératrice Eugénie

Member images of Jasmin Impératrice Eugénie

There are no member images of Jasmin Impératrice Eugénie yet. Why not be the first?

Perfumes launched in the same year as Jasmin Impératrice Eugénie (1870)