Jasmal (1959)
    by Creed

Shop for Jasmal products online

Reviews of Jasmal

Showing 1 to 6 of 17 reviews.
    positive 16 Positive Reviewsneutral No Neutral Reviews • negative 1 Negative Reviews

purplebird7's avatar
    purplebird7

Jasmine fragrance typical of Creed florals in its transparence; it is strong but clear. Jasmal has a load of green leafiness, thanks to galbanum in the formula. There is also a pronounced honey note, as if it were able to draw bees to its nectar. The difference between this and pure jasmine absolute is that Jasmal has removed a great deal of the fruit-candy aroma that is naturally present in the absolute. Jasmal is actually more sheer.
    (No to be confused with Jasmine Imperatrice Eugenie, which has lots of vanilla and is creamy, making it less typical of Creed florals in general, and more oriental in nature.)

07 March, 2014

jtd's avatar
    jtd

I really don't find the indolic jasmine that others mention. The opening is not appealing, but it is interesting for the fact that it does hold together some opposing elements. The topnotes , while not smelling of jasmine to me, are sharp and arid, yet green and crisp and a bit urinous.

I spent a brief paragrapsh on the topnotes. Let me be more concise with the next two and give a snapshot of the complexity and charm of the perfume in its heart and basenotes.

Gets soapy.

Smells like inexpensive lily of the valley.

I used to try to understand Creed, and felt that I just wasn't a Creed customer. Knowing that their concept ('the esteemed house of Creed') and their representation of the company strike a nerve in me, I've given them more benefit of the doubt than I otherwise would have. I'm revising my opinion. I simply don't think that the bulk of the Creed fragrances I've tried are very good. The compositions are unfocussed, often derivative and evolution of the fragrances tends to be unengaging.

To end on a positive note, I really do like Irisia.

30th November, 2012

bokaba's avatar
    bokaba

Jasmal is probably the best jasmine centered eau de cologne type fragrance I've yet to smell. The quality of the jasmine is crisp, warm, a bit indolic, and aristocratic. Jasmal employs jasmine, galbanum, and ambergris in the classic style of early Creeds. Jasmal reminds me of the "eau de jasmin" favored by Comte d'Orsay--namesake of Parfums d'Orsay. Jasmal is head and shoulders above any designer or niche jasmine I've yet to smell. The ambergris here is not the millesime accord found in most newer creeds, but rather a warm, animalic tone in the base. The opening is a bit sweet, but the jasmine itself is just dry enough to keep my attention. The galbanum imparts a light amber tonality. I think Jasmal, along with the much older Jasmin Impératrice Eugénie should be smelled by any jasmine lover or perfume historian. In summary, I would say that Jasmal is a beautiful jasmine soliflore with all the traditional (Belle Epoch French that it) trimmings.

30th November, 2011

wyldaeval's avatar
    wyldaeval

Heavenly, gently intoxicating scent. Feels like I'm back in Cali on a warm summer evening inhaling the wonderful night-blooming jasmine that surrounded my balcony. Unfortunately, the scent from the flowers lasted longer.

06 June, 2011

DavidBond007's avatar
    DavidBond007

Nice sweet floral by Creed. Not my favorite but worth a try.

20th May, 2010

Mimi Gardenia's avatar
    Mimi Gardenia

Now who knew I would find this fragrance lovely ! It's almost totally Jasmine - top quality heady rich jasmine - the real flower. Close to A la Nuit by Serge Lutens but perhaps a an airier take on Jjasmine. To me this is primarily a jasmine soliflore with an amber drydown .
    For serious jasmine lovers and for those on a jasmine high.

09 April, 2010