Fleurs de Bulgarie (new) (1980)
by Creed

Fleurs de Bulgarie (new) information

Year of Launch1980

HouseCreed
Parent CompanyCreed

About Fleurs de Bulgarie (new)

Fleurs de Bulgarie (new) is a feminine perfume by Creed. The scent was launched in 1980

Fleurs de Bulgarie (new) fragrance notes

Reviews of Fleurs de Bulgarie (new)

Bergamot and a lovely rose form the core of this scent, with the rose - a bright and sunny specimen - taking over the drydown. The base is the typical Creed ambergris mixed with white musk. Never too sweet, always well-balanced.

Sounds simple? It is indeed, but well executed of good quality ingredients.

I get good sillage and longevity with an in-creed-ible longevity of twelve hours on my skin. 3/5
14th May, 2015
There's a very heavy shot of sweet rose at the opening of Fleurs de Bulgarie, but time adds a bit of musk and an astringent note that help keep the rose from turning sickly sweet. The rose accord rounds out after an hour or so and is joined by a peppery note that makes the scent more lively than it might otherwise have been.

The rose dominates this fragrance for a long time, but precious woods well up during the long, gradual drydown. To me Fleurs de Bulgarie seems very formal and poised, but also old-fashioned - even a bit matronly. Smelling this blind, I might well have pegged it as a vintage scent, even in this reformulated “modern” guise. Very pretty, but a little stodgy for me.
14th June, 2014
Melting plastic and rose

I'm searching for a wearable masculine rose, and my research suggested that Creed's Fleurs de Bulgarie would at least be worth a sample. I imagined it would be a crisp, light, air-puffed rose with underlying hints of green wood.

Instead, I found it to be harshly synthetic, similar to pine-sol or melting plastic. The rose note is there, and it is certainly powerful, but it is competing against something sharp and rather nauseating. Over-ripe gardenia, perhaps?

As with Tom Ford's Black Orchid, I couldn't get this off my skin fast enough. When a water and soap scrub in the men's room didn't work, I resorted to coffee. That only managed to make it angry, as the rose cleaning chemical smell fought through the French roast.

While Creed advertises this as a unisex fragrance, I'm hard pressed to imagine what sort of man would want to wear it. Not recommended.

Pros: powerful projection
Cons: synthetic, cloying, and harsh"

10th July, 2013
redrose Show all reviews
I first sampled Fleurs de Bulgarie some years ago, and enjoyed its rose-dominant, yet spicy, overtones. It reminded me of other rose bouquets, so I didn't buy an FB. But, wanting to refresh my memory, I bought a small decant of the current reformulation. And it is horrid, truly awful.
Maybe something's gone wrong at the online sample service. Maybe they sent me a tiny bottle of some heavy, industrial frag destined for a toilet cleaner or room spray. Because otherwise, I don't understand how Creed could put their name to such a nasty, screechy scent, or how IFRA could allow it.
It exactly duplicates the smell of 1980's Pink Camay soap, for those who remember that far back. The original Camay gave me a very nasty case of eczema, plus respiratory problems, and we banned it from the house.
Now it's back, and worse, this dreadful smell just won't go away. I've scrubbed, rescrubbed, baby-wiped and alcohol-rubbed my wrist, and I just can't get rid of it. My sinuses are stuffed up, my eyes are streaming, and a huge headache looms.
Please, somebody, tell me this isn't really Fleurs de Bulgarie. Or if it is, tell Creed they need to do something about it, quickly. How can this allergy-inducing frag be legal, when so many harmless, beautiful ingredients have been banned?
17th May, 2012
There’s an off, sharp green note in the opening that almost pushes the fragrance too much. At that point the fragrance borders on cloying, but these excesses have completely disappeared in a few minutes. Fleurs de Bulgarie’s initial heaviness is necessary in order to build up the energy necessary to release such a beautiful and lasting rose accord. This is one of the most flawless rose fragrances I’ve encountered. The rose note is clear and natural, beguiling and emotive. It is backed up by a light—very light—touch of ambergris and musk, but, for all practical purposes, it is a pure rose scent. Fluers de Bulgarie is quite elegantly feminine, has excellent longevity, is linear, and is incredibly refined. No seeker of the perfect rose scent should miss this one—it is definitely a contender.

Originally submitted 2007/05/24
07th June, 2011
I don't think I care for this -my nose (prior to reading any notes ) is getting ----Bubblegum and rose soap.Maaaybe a hint of cinnamon.Weird.
The drydown seems to be getting more rosey-but still "bubblegum".
Oh well.Nice try.
07th February, 2011

Add your review of Fleurs de Bulgarie (new)

Shop for Fleurs de Bulgarie (new) products online

Shop for Fleurs de Bulgarie (new) at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Fleurs de Bulgarie (new)

Member images of Fleurs de Bulgarie (new)

There are no member images of Fleurs de Bulgarie (new) yet. Why not be the first?