Tubérose Indiana (1980)

Tubérose Indiana is a feminine perfume by Creed. The scent was launched in 1980

Tubérose Indiana fragrance notes

Reviews of Tubérose Indiana

rbaker Show all reviews
Bergamot and rose are my first thought when I take in the initial phase- more rose than tuberose, later with vanilla and finishing by the well-known Creed ambergris. Nice, but it never really takes off on me and never really develops convincingly on my skin. I get soft sillage with moderate projection and two hours of longevity in my skin. Whilst this may be more convincing on someone else, I will opt for neutral here. Try before you commit to purchasing a whole flâcon.
28th June, 2015
Genre: Floral

So where’s the tuberose?

Tuberose Indiana opens pretty tame for a tuberose fragrance. Citrus and crisp fruity notes blunt the power of whatever tuberose there is in here. This is very “safe” and agreeable as tuberose fragrances go. It's not challenging, but then it’s not really tuberose, either. Rose, yes, but hasn't anybody told the folks at Creed that that's a different flower? Very short lived, too - two hours or less.
06th July, 2014
My favorite scent is Fracas, and compared to that this is the weak sister. That said, it is a gorgeous scent. Lovely and calm. Wearable to the office, since it has a lasting time of about 5 minutes (full bloom) on me. Very quiet, close to the skin, creamy tuberose.
25th March, 2012
I have a difficult time believing that this is tuberose—in fact, I brought out a sample of Fracas to compare notes—ok, could be, but there is rose in the floral mix, and the rose comes through very strongly to me. The floral aroma is quite full in the opening—it’s of flowers that have reached full maturity and are just on the edge of being cloying—I don’t feel it crosses the line, and within twenty minutes the accord has lost much of its aggressiveness and settles down to a beautiful and discreet mixed floral. The rose remains prominent to my nose throughout the progression of the fragrance, which consists of the ebbing of the intensity of the florals and the growing prominence of a typical Creed base—ambergris and musk. I don’t get much powder, not even in the drydown. The scent has a rather strong sillage at the beginning and it gradually ebbs with time. It has decent longevity considering it’s a Creed. Tubérose Indiana is a lovely feminine scent—subtle and endearing.
07th December, 2010
Another nice floral by Creed. The house of Creed is notorious for its florals and this one represents the company very well.
20th May, 2010
Bought this blind, it was advertised as a man's scent.

Well, with the following of M7, most Serge Lutens, Opium PH and co, it's macho as hell--- er, almost.

When, of all people, Marlen informs us that it may be 'challenging' for a man to wear this, far be it for me to gainsay him!

Happy ending. Gave it to a friend and she's a tuberose addict.

Now, while I agree with the criticism of 'where's the tuberose?'--There are much closer 'purer' tuberose scents, for those who have actually smelled the magic flower; nevertheless this is a bold and well crafted creation that blends several florals, puts an oriental spin on them, without going fruity-sugary, and gives it strength, power and complexity.

Bottom line? If you're into 'upbeat playful' stick to Fracas for your dose of the magic T.

However, if you like orientals that are not cloying, this one's definitely worth a sniff.
03rd April, 2007

Add your review of Tubérose Indiana

Shop for Tubérose Indiana products online

Shop for Tubérose Indiana at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Tubérose Indiana

Member images of Tubérose Indiana

There are no member images of Tubérose Indiana yet. Why not be the first?