Spring Flower (1996)

HouseCreed
PerfumerOlivier Creed
Parent CompanyCreed

About Spring Flower

Created by Creed in the mid-eighties for Audrey Hepburn and launched to the public in 1996, three years after her death.

Spring Flower fragrance notes

Reviews of Spring Flower

Okay, when I first smelled this in my local Neiman Marcus, I was like "Meh." Nothing too groundbreaking. I went back to it about a year later, to give it a second chance, and fell in love with it. This scent is a fruity floral scent. It is heavy on Peach, Jasmine, Apple, and Rose, when I smell it. I think it should be called "Spring Fruit" though, as on my skin, the flower takes a back seat to the fruit. I bought a 2.5oz for about $290, and it was worth every penny. This bottle comes with an adorable Pink and Green ribbon around the top. It looks great on my vanity, and smells amazing. If this reminded me of anything, it was an old shampoo I used to use, that they don't make anymore. Obviously waaaay nicer though. I would not recommend blind-buying something this expensive though. Definitely sniff it out first. But it truly is sweet <3
07th April, 2015
Genre: Fruity Floral

Spring Flower opens with blindingly bright, artificial fruit notes and not much flower in evidence. As the scent develops, it remains a mélange of citrus, watermelon, and aquatic notes. In fact, it reminds me a bit of Millésime Impérial, though far less poised and natural.

The fruit sharpens dramatically over the first half of an hour, becoming very tart, so that the whole thing smells like a lemon drop. Still nothing particularly floral in there! Instead, Spring Flower remains fake-fruity, with an unpleasant chemical edge, and winds up remarkably cheap smelling and generic. I refuse to believe that Audrey Hepburn ever wore this shoddy mess of a fragrance.
03rd July, 2014 (last edited: 06th July, 2014)
There's a watery, bitter fruit in this, like melon plus grapefruit rind or the bitter peel of an unripe Red Delicious apple. Don't like it. Creed does better florals. Try others.
06th March, 2014
Received my samples today, and amongst them was this. I was both looking forward to, and dreading, getting this one. The looking forward part was excited about trying a new perfume, the dreading part was the price - at upwards of $250 per 75ml, it's not a cheap fragrance. To expand on that last part - I'm the person who will go to buy new frames for my specs, or a new pair of trousers/skirt/jacket for work, and will always, ALWAYS, out of the hundreds of different styles out there, manage to find the most expensive frames/trousers/skirt/jacket in the whole shopping complex. So I had resigned myself to falling in love with this, and never (unless I win lotto) being able to afford to buy some. Thankfully, this smelt lovely in the sample bottle, but on myself and my friend (who agreed to be a scent guinea pig for me), it started out very sweet, then morphed into a very sweet, slightly metallic, jasmine scented air-freshener. The melon popped up about half an hour after putting it on. About 3 hours on, it settled down and lost the metallic edge, but the metallic edge was enough to put me off. So, if anybody out there wants to swap a sample for this, I have one going.
28th January, 2014
Nice fruity floral from Creed

This is a nice fruity floral fragrance that does smell trendy. But I disagree with some of the reviews below, especially one that was apparently judging people who wore this, not the perfume itself.

Although smelling sort of mainstream, this perfume still shows off high quality ingredients and is one of the best offerings from the Creed house. The fruity top notes hangs around quite long, giving the fragrance a transparent feeling. The jasmine came in later and is quite noticeable. It is trendier and younger than Fleurissimo and evokes the image of a youthful, beautiful and classy woman. After all, today's classic was yesterday's trendy and modern. Youth and beauty are celebrated here, as they should be.

18th October, 2013
Mostly floral with just enough fruit to make it suitable for a young woman. Will probably be my next present to my wife.
05th April, 2013

Add your review of Spring Flower

Shop for Spring Flower products online

Shop for Spring Flower at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Spring Flower

Member images of Spring Flower

There are no member images of Spring Flower yet. Why not be the first?