Mimosa (1986)

Based on 65 ratings

Mimosa information

Mimosa is a women's fragrance by Czech & Speake. The scent was launched in 1986

Reviews of Mimosa

Showing 1 to 6 of 19 reviews.

gimmegreen's avatar

Netherlands Netherlands

So Old School it should be an exhibit somewhere. A well-constructed jasmine-tuberose combo with plenty of indolic unease and an underlying murmur of the kinds of bone dry spice mix one found in a multitude of perfumes of a certain age which have (with a few exceptions) since hit the dust. Shakes off the indole and gets creamier with time and ultimately soapy (which is the closest this gets to mimosa), but I’ll pass.

22 August, 2012

Oh_Hedgehog's avatar

Entirely presentable, if a bit 'auntie's bosom'. However, for something as jasmine-heavy as C&S' Mimosa, I'd prefer instead to go for Olène by Diptyque or Lutens’ A La Nuit.

That so many people have found this dismayingly stinky (indolic, fecal) makes me wonder whether I'm smelling a reformulation, as I find nothing to press charges over.

12 July, 2012 (Last Edited: 22 July, 2012)

Mimi Gardenia's avatar

Oh dear ! I see not too many people enjoy Mimosa by C & S.
    I totally understand that the problem could be the indolic nature of this scent especailly right at the start.
    It has the same indolic factor that Joy has in extrait and also it reminds me of the very slight indole I get in Jasmal by Creed. . It's the jasmine that is causing issues no doubt .However, I guess I am swayed as I quite like a bit of indole . In Mimosa it opens with a slightly fetid breath with a powdery mimosa which then tunes into green jasmine. I find it very vintage in character .
    I like it but I don't need a bottle.

03 July, 2012

Jack Hunter's avatar

A ladies jasmine type floral that smells dated a type of scent you could imagine a old lady would wear in the 1950's.

09 February, 2012

cello's avatar

Having recently revisited my decant of PdN Mimosaique, and having enjoyed it very much, I pulled this sample back out - the mimosa fragrance that turned me off of the whole note originally.

And I feel no different now. This is sharp finger nails on chalkboard white floral, turn indolic (read earthy plus fertilizer) jasmine, then thick tuberose. The close finally softened up, and the unpleasant earthiness subsided, but the effort to get there was beyond my tolerance for suffering.

This is the polar opposite of the soft beauty of Mimosaique, and I am obviously a fan of the easier ride.

08 October, 2011

Harvitz81's avatar

The opening is very powerful and heavy on the florals. Mainly a white floral note that must be the mimosa. Jasmine soon joins the accord and finally the tuberose comes through in the base. The opening is just too much floral for me and there is a persistent indolic note throughout the entire fragrance. I’ve also come to realize that I’m not a fan of tuberose. At all. I’m not even sure I’d like this on a woman as it is definitely a feminine scent. Might be the worst from the C&S line.

13 September, 2011

Add your review of Mimosa

Search for on eBay United States

RARE Czech & SpeakE MIMOSA Eau de Toilette EDT SPRAY 125 ML / FL.OZ NIB
    • Listing Type: eBay Store
    • Time Left: 26 days
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United States)
    Czech & Speake MIMOSA COLOGNE Spray for WOMEN 3.4 FL Oz LIGHTLY USED!
    • Listing Type: eBay Store
    • Time Left: 11 days
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United States)