Mimosa (1986)

HouseCzech & Speake

About Mimosa

Mimosa is a feminine perfume by Czech & Speake. The scent was launched in 1986

Reviews of Mimosa

Mimosa by Czech & Speake is a clean, nice, soapy and aldehydic soliflore centered on this underrated yellow natural beauty. Fresh head notes, spices, light woods, probably other floral molecules enhancing and rounding the "botanical-earthy" density (jasmine, tuberose), and above all, the mimosa note. Which sadly, as much as it smells good, is quite artificial and cheap, therefore lacking in deepness and nuances the real mimosa oils are instead quite rich in (and in general, all natural oils). It is a straightforward, simple, plain *smell* of mimosa, with no evolution and as I said, not much deepness or complexity. Which is a pity because mimosa has a lot of great nuances - it can smell of pollen, roots, earth, even musk... here there's just a microscopic little bit of all that. Well, however, this does not make Mimosa a complete fail obviously, as I understand people may want specifically "this" kind of shallow and safe floral scent with no earthiness and no raw shades. It smells nice, just more on the unpretentious, simplistic and slightly mediocre side. I don't get anything indolic by the way, just slightly earthy at some points.

27th September, 2014
So Old School it should be an exhibit somewhere. A well-constructed jasmine-tuberose combo with plenty of indolic unease and an underlying murmur of the kinds of bone dry spice mix one found in a multitude of perfumes of a certain age which have (with a few exceptions) since hit the dust. Shakes off the indole and gets creamier with time and ultimately soapy (which is the closest this gets to mimosa), but I’ll pass.
22nd August, 2012
Entirely presentable, if a bit 'auntie's bosom'. However, for something as jasmine-heavy as C&S' Mimosa, I'd prefer instead to go for Olène by Diptyque or Lutens’ A La Nuit.

That so many people have found this dismayingly stinky (indolic, fecal) makes me wonder whether I'm smelling a reformulation, as I find nothing to press charges over.
12th July, 2012 (last edited: 22nd July, 2012)
Oh dear ! I see not too many people enjoy Mimosa by C & S.
I totally understand that the problem could be the indolic nature of this scent especailly right at the start.
It has the same indolic factor that Joy has in extrait and also it reminds me of the very slight indole I get in Jasmal by Creed. . It's the jasmine that is causing issues no doubt .However, I guess I am swayed as I quite like a bit of indole . In Mimosa it opens with a slightly fetid breath with a powdery mimosa which then tunes into green jasmine. I find it very vintage in character .
I like it but I don't need a bottle.
03rd July, 2012
A ladies jasmine type floral that smells dated a type of scent you could imagine a old lady would wear in the 1950's.
09th February, 2012
cello Show all reviews
Having recently revisited my decant of PdN Mimosaique, and having enjoyed it very much, I pulled this sample back out - the mimosa fragrance that turned me off of the whole note originally.

And I feel no different now. This is sharp finger nails on chalkboard white floral, turn indolic (read earthy plus fertilizer) jasmine, then thick tuberose. The close finally softened up, and the unpleasant earthiness subsided, but the effort to get there was beyond my tolerance for suffering.

This is the polar opposite of the soft beauty of Mimosaique, and I am obviously a fan of the easier ride.
08th October, 2011

Add your review of Mimosa

Shop for Mimosa products online

Search Amazon for Mimosa

Member images of Mimosa

There are no member images of Mimosa yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Mimosa