Trophee (1935)

About Trophee

Trophee is a feminine perfume by D'Orsay. The scent was launched in 1935

Reviews of Trophee

rbaker Show all reviews
In the vintage perfume sample I have got I am getting a lot of floral notes in the opening, sweet and rich, which after the first hour settle into a more leathery impression. It reminds me to some extent of a gentler and sweeter version Creed's REL, but much more discrete. Later in the drydown a Mandarine impression arises, and the sweetness is replaced by a very discrete powderiness that has a hint of spicy saltiness added to it. The quality and blending are superb, but projection and silage limited after the first hour. On my skin the overall longevity is over four hours.
28th April, 2013
Vintage D'Orsay extraits appear to 'age well', and my mini of Trophee is no exception.

Firstly, I'd like to point out that Trophee (the original at least), was marketed as a masculine. I found several examples of 1930s/40s advertising for this scent, all targeting men. Plus, many of the old Trophee boxes I saw online depict the silhouette of a man wearing a top hat.

I've worn my (1930s?) Trophee several times to get a feeling for its notes... not an easy thing for me as a relative beginner. Overall, it is a subtle, dry scent - perfect for a discreet, elegant gentleman (or lady!). I would describe it as leathery (in the manner of saddlery leather or freshly tanned hides), with a subtle floral nuance (no particular flower, just an idea of floralcy). A wise perfume friend who tried a sample from my bottle said Trophee revealed ambergris in the drydown, as indicated by a "salty marine oily vibe" (which I didn't notice, so I assume that's a subtle aspect of ambergris).

Even though it's not a 'me' scent, I give Trophee a thumbs up because it is indeed beautiful, and 100% wearable in modern times by fans of elegant, sophisticated fragrances.
23rd March, 2012
I have a vintage 1930s bottle of Trophee by D'Orsay, it is still sealed with its cord but the scent itself escapes and I smell a chypre, powdry, lightly floral scented, quite beautiful in its composition.
19th December, 2008

Add your review of Trophee

Shop for Trophee products online

Search Amazon for Trophee

Member images of Trophee

There are no member images of Trophee yet. Why not be the first?