Raffinée (1982)
by Prism Parfums (originally by Houbigant, also Dana)

Raffinée information

Year of Launch1982

HousePrism Parfums
Originally byHoubigant
Also byDana
PackagingAlain de Mourgues

About Raffinée

Originally launched by Houbigant, the fragrance is now produced by Prism Parfums, who say:

this is a fragrance that contains the secrets of the world’s most romantic city… Paris. Fragrant orange flowers blended with sweet spices define a scent that combines the delight of a sidewalk café with the perfection of the Eiffel Tower

Raffinée fragrance notes

Reviews of Raffinée

The original Raffinee is a superb fruity floral chypre, subtle but solidly present over many many hours. It is reminiscent of the Krizia scents, masterworks in the fruity floral category.

Raffinee has a luscious plummy blend of jasmine, rose and carnation, which is both fruity, floral and spicy at the same time. Beneath it all is the warmth of a base, infused with tonka, musk, creamy sandalwood and nutmeg.

These three auras (the spice, the florals and the chypre base) are perfectly balanced and ever present, even to the dry down. Quite a superb achievement.

Beware the rip off releases by Dana and Prism. Search for a red bottle, with gold bands, which was the design for the oriignal release. Highly worth seeking out.

18th April, 2019
The original Houbigant Raffinee was along the lines of Vanderbilt, with added depth from subtle woody and spicy notes. I recently purchased the Prism version, expecting it to be at least similar, but have been left very disappointed. The Prism version is much heavier, very pungent, and reminds me of En Avion (one of the few Caron fragrances I really dislike) mixed with Vanderbilt. This might well work on some people, but it really is a disaster on me. I have had a similarly disappointing experience with Prism's version of Houbigant's Lutece. I had intended to purchase Chantilly next, but based on my experience with Raffinee and Lutece, I will give it a miss
18th May, 2018
Lumbering Fracas.

(Eau de Parfum Houbigant)

**/*
13th May, 2018
A perfect harmony.one of the most powerful feminine fragrances that makes you feel like a gorgeous, sophisticated old-Hollywood,glamorous movie star. sensual and intriguing yet soft and rich that reminds me Tabu spicy but not quite as darkly woodsy as tabu yet the darkness of this scent keeps senses alert and awakens every instinct.Glamorous,Timeless,Woody, Sultry,Provocative,Deep,Oriental,Heavely,Ladylike and Femme Fatale as the same time.

It opents with a sultry plum and carnation accord.the heart has begun to emerge and the scent is becoming an intensely spicy of cinnamon,tonka bean,mimosa and subtle hint of osmanthus.the warm,undeniably sensual vanilla,musk and sandalwood dance with lilting,exotic spices and incense leave an sensual dry down by a unforgettable woman graced with sophistication and femininity.it is surprisingly erotic like a sultry embrace.very suitable for special evenings.

Sillage?Ok.

Longevity?Excellent on my skin.

7.5/10
25th August, 2016
Felt a little nostalgic and decided to wear the fragrance I received as a birthday present 15 yrs ago. Still Love It!
30th June, 2016
Review of vintage Houbigant Raffinée Eau de Parfum.

This is a lovely fragrance, a true floriental. There is a gentle elegance about it. I detect carnation, spices, cinnamon, incense, and fruit upon initial application. It dries down pretty quickly, and once it does, I can detect sandalwood and a trace of tonka bean and perhaps a bit of musk. I am unable to tease out any of the other notes. This is a well blended parfum.

Compared to my other Orientals, Raffinée is a soft and billowy floriental. However, it does not last long on my skin. Both sillage and projection are quite soft, too, hence the neutral rating.

I do not think anyone could be offended by this fragrance. It is pretty, feminine, well blended, and elegant. I just wish it had much larger projection, sillage, and longevity on my skin. Anyone seeking a feminine, complex, but soft Oriental would probably like Raffinée. It is appropriate for either day or evening wear. It could certainly be worn to work, too.

Fragrance: 6/10
Projection: 3/10
Sillage: 3/10
Longevity: 3/10
17th April, 2016 (last edited: 05th May, 2016)

Add your review of Raffinée