Lutèce (1984)
by Prism Parfums (originally by Houbigant, also Dana)

Lutèce information

Year of Launch1984

HousePrism Parfums
Originally byHoubigant
Also byDana

About Lutèce

Lutèce is a feminine perfume, which was launched in 1984 by Houbigant. Later the fragrance was produced by Dana, and is now produced by Prism Parfums.

Lutèce fragrance notes

Reviews of Lutèce

A soft, powdery bergamot and vanilla floral fragrance; though far more natural than modern synthetic white musk vanilla perfumes. The original Houbigant version of Lutece was identical to Ombre Rose Eau de Cologne, which lacked the aldehydes of Ombre Rose EDT and Parfum; neither Lutece or Ombre Rose smell of roses.

The current version by Prism is sweeter than the Houbigant, and, sadly bland in comparison. After about an hour on my skin it becomes little more than vanilla. However it is very pleasant, especially for the budget price.
18th May, 2018
A light, powdery floral oriental, of no particular significance. Okay on its own for a refreshing splash, but not a serious contender for a great scent. Very drug store in its normalcy - Lauder, Dana, Arden and the post-1950s Coty.

Barbara Herman describes this as a spicy, powdery oriental, recalling Ombre Rose. I don't get that reference, knowing Ombre Rose well, as I don't detect rose at all.

Top notes: Mandarin, Rosewood, Geranium
Heart notes: Peony, Rosemary, Orris, Vetiver, Muguet, Cedar
Base notes: Tonka, Cinnamon, Musk, Vanilla, Heliotrope

Okay, but not significant or outstanding in any way.
21st July, 2014
Classic. Very pleasant and enjoyable. I especially love the hints of peony and heliotrope over the powdery (not gaudy/dated at all) vanilla/musk base. Recommended.
02nd September, 2009
JDBIII Show all reviews
If you love coumarin or Tonka, this is your scent. On many people it is reminiscent of vanilla, but on me it smells like the plastic they used to make baby dolls out of. Yuck! Not my idea of enjoyment.
25th July, 2009
I find this fragrance to be a wonderfully soft, powdery, cool scent. It is classic and unpretentious. i own it in the original EdP formulation by Houbigant, so I do not know how it compares to other versions. I think it is far more powdery than Ombre Rose and the floral tones do not have as much rose in them. Truly a classic.
15th June, 2009
I agree with tvlampboy about it smelling similar to Ombre Rose. I tried Lutece in 1993 and it smelled great and I got compliments. I tried it again in 1999 and either my body chemistry had changed or maybe the formula was tweaked because it turned stale on me. I also got in trouble at my job at the time because my boss accused me of drinking beer and I don't even like beer. But she was right...it did have kind of a beerlike quality.
22nd December, 2008

Add your review of Lutèce

Shop for Lutèce products online

Shop for Lutèce at online perfumeries

Lutece By Prism Parfums 3.4oz/100ml Edp Spray For Women New In Box