Love's Baby Soft (1974)
    by Love's

Reviews of Love's Baby Soft

Showing 1 to 6 of 20 reviews.

yrogergmc's avatar
    yrogergmc

Sweet powder

Bought this a couple of years ago on a nostalgic whim, and haven't used it up yet (that's a long time for me). This smells like a sweeter, stronger version of Johnson's Baby Powder. Very fresh, sweeeeet powder. The sweetness has a candy edge that prevents me (I am in my mid 30s) from wearing this in public; it might seem a bit absurd. I like it as a bedtime scent; it's not strong enough to keep me awake, and the powder is calming. There is supposed to be some patchouli in here, but I can't find it. Great cologne if it's your thing, but it's definitely not my favorite! Now that the racy ads are a thing of the past, I would feel okay about giving this to a very young girl. Baby Soft has a (fairly) new Jasmine scent that I like a lot better than this; the jasmine is nice with Baby Soft's trademark powderiness. For reference, I live in the deep south, so the heat and humidity amplify all scents, especially sweet ones. Those in cooler areas might more easily get away with wearing this in public.

Pros: Cheap, easy to find
    Cons: Hard to wear after a certain age"

18 August, 2013

cindim56's avatar
    cindim56

Just like fashion, what goes around, comes around!
    So, I was thrilled to see 'Love's Baby Soft' back on the shelf! This is one powdery fresh body spray (no, it's really not a cologne or perfume) that takes me back to my senior year of high school (1974- when it first came out)...Nothing but good things happened when I wore it, or it's 'sister' spray 'Love's Fresh Lemon'!
    Now, there is a Love's Baby Soft Shower Wash that is out and that is lovely, but I'm still wanting the Love's Fresh Lemon!! Any idea where to find it?

03 October, 2011

Wyllowdaemon's avatar
    Wyllowdaemon

I still have a small bottle for memories sake. I enjoyed this as a very young child and I find the smell comforting. Sometimes I will wear it around the house or spray it on my pillow before going to bed.

22 May, 2010

colormechris's avatar
    colormechris

I don't know why, but I love Love's Baby Soft. No, wait a second. I do know why. Because it's delightful! Most of the reviewers here seem embarrassed by their admission of liking this one. Yes, it was marketed to young women (really young) in the 1970's and was wildly popular with the jr. high set. But, unlike other inexpensive "drug store" fragrance concoctions, Love's Baby Soft never smelled cheap. That it's still floating around out there is a testament to its universal appeal: talcum powder, babies, sweetness, innocence, spring flowers and light-heartedness. What's wrong with that? Unfortunately we become brainwashed by marketing (especially with perfume) that a scent is only meant for a certain demographic. I say, Balderdash! I'm wearing it right now, and I'm a grown man! Admittedly an adventurous one. If you took this juice and put it in a sleek bottle and put a designer's name on it, I bet it would be a huge seller. So forget about the '70's...tell people when they ask that you had it "custom blended". Or if they say..."Is that Love's Baby Soft?" say, "You can try hard, or you can try soft...soft will get 'em every time."
    Curious about the actual note pyramid...does anyone know?
    P.S. For a guy, if you can get past the candy pink packaging and juice color; this is one of the most baber-shop (in a great way) frags on the market. Believe it or not!

21st April, 2010 (Last Edited: 22 June, 2011)

Starsoflight's avatar
    Starsoflight

I have always loved the soft, gentle, feminine allure of love's baby soft. I am very sensitive to a lot of perfumes and I used to wear this in high school and even as a young adult. I would still wear it now and it wouldn't bother me one bit. My husband likes it too.

26 February, 2010

nickil_77's avatar
    nickil_77

This is one of my favorite fragrances of all. I've been wearing it since high school and I'm 30 now, still get compliments and asked what I'm wearing. Baby Soft blows Pink Sugar out of the water and is sweet but not nearly as overpowering as PS, plus it's about $30 cheaper. Men love it too.

07 January, 2010