Average Rating:

Lilac information

Lilac is a women's fragrance by Demeter Fragrance Library. The scent was launched in 1998

Shop for Lilac products online

118ml Cologne
    120ml Cologne

Reviews of Lilac

Showing 1 to of 3 reviews.
    positive 2 Positive Reviewsneutral1 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

AromaX's avatar

Netherlands Netherlands

Gives me a nice illusion of lilacs in the aura, but closer to my skin it keeps to be harsh and synthetics (as if the lilac is starting to break into its building blocks). Not using it as a perfume, but one or two sprays on a curtain or a scarf near me (and sometimes under my cloth or just on my hand) gives me nice whiffs of lilac in the moment I start to miss the blossoming lilacs during the spring (I call it my personal intimate moments with a fragrance :) ). As a man I wouldn't wear it outside - too feminine and a bit old fashioned for me, but still like the lilac inside.

27th November, 2013

efemmeral's avatar

this smells like the beach bag my mother had when I was small. the accord suggests sun warmed vinyl and cotton toweling together with whatever the masking fragrance was in our family tube of sun cream. there's a faint powdery floral note floating above the beach bag accord. none of the parts or sum are at all reminiscent of any lilac i've smelled (and i was smelling them just a few weeks ago).

Demeter:Lilac is pleasantly nostalgic for me, but unlike any lilac flower I've sniffed.

09th December, 2011

30 Roses's avatar

I will say first of all that the best lilac soliflore I have smelled is not this one, but Highland Lilac of Rochester. [Editing to add that I've changed my tune, and my favorite is now JM White Lilac & Rhubarb.] That said, I find Demeter's Lilac delightful in its own way, as well as being considerably less expensive. This is somewhat sweet without being cloying, and lightly powdery without being old-fashioned. It only lasts about 3 hours on me, but has good sillage and is thoroughly pleasant to wear. It is also the first good experience I've had with Demeter fragrances, which to me have usually seemed like inept caricatures of the scents they seek to portray. Lilac was a welcome exception. Perhaps I'll try a few more Demeters after all.

05th October, 2009 (Last Edited: 08th July, 2012)

Add your review of Lilac