Oh My Cat? (2001)

Year of Launch2001

HouseDog Generation
Parent CompanyPAC Paris

About Oh My Cat?

Oh My Cat? is a feminine perfume by Dog Generation. The scent was launched in 2001

Reviews of Oh My Cat?

kupgup Show all reviews
I'm getting citrus, lavender, wood, and amber. It seems all right, something I would wear for a light-hearted warm-weather scent.

But that's not really the point. The point is cats! This fragrance is marketed as a perfume for cats, which happens to be suitable for their humans to wear too. It comes with a "caressing cloth" to spray and then wipe on the cat's fur to perfume them, since direct spraying would be pretty offensive. It even purports to include notes of olive leaf, which cats apparently enjoy but humans can't smell. (Since I'm on the anosmic side of that division, I can't vouch for that either way.)

Fortunately for this review, I live with two cats, and both can be quite opinionated about scents.

French Fry is a very outgoing and people-oriented cat. He's often a big fan of scented lotions on humans. Wearing the right (wrong?) lotion can inspire a truly overwhelming amount of licking and nuzzling, even beyond his usual enthusiastic expressions of affection toward humans. I figured he was fairly likely to enjoy a cat-oriented fragrance.

The other cat, Butters, is more reserved, and he tends to be averse to the smell of human toiletries. He'll recoil if I try to pet him while wearing just about any freshly-applied hand lotion, even lightly scented or unscented ones. He even snubbed me for a good week when I started dabbling in fragrances and smelling like all sorts of fresh new disgusting human-concocted awfulness--definitely not a fan of strong sillage. My guess was he would not like this fragrance one bit, even if it is for cats.

So, I gave the cloth a few sprays, and sat on the floor to offer it for feline examination. I figured if they liked it they'd rub their faces on the cloth, and that would be my cue to help them with a more extensive application. (Seems like it would be pretty rude to just wipe it on a cat uninvited, just like I wouldn't like to be ambushed while walking through a department store.)

French Fry, of course, was first to come investigate. He just sniffed the cloth a little. That's all. Then he wandered off, apparently unimpressed either way. . . . So I'm going to put down his vote as neutral.

Butters soon arrived to make sure he wasn't missing out on anything interesting. Surprisingly, he seemed to think this is an all right scent. He agreed with French Fry that the cloth was unimpressive. But he found the bottle pretty alluring, and gave the spray top a thorough sniffing before he needed to attend to important cat stuff elsewhere. Considering his usual attitude toward fragrance, I'll read that as a resoundingly positive opinion.
15th May, 2017
Pleasant, summery green scent.
03rd January, 2017

Add your review of Oh My Cat?

Shop for Oh My Cat? products online

Shop for Oh My Cat? at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Oh My Cat?

Member images of Oh My Cat?

There are no member images of Oh My Cat? yet. Why not be the first?