D&G Feminine (1999)

Average Rating: 3.5

Based on 60 ratings

D&G Feminine Fragrance Notes

D&G Feminine information

D&G Feminine is a women's fragrance by Dolce & Gabbana. The scent was launched in 1999

Reviews of D&G Feminine

Showing 1 to 6 of 14 reviews.
    positive 11 Positive Reviewsneutral3 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

RoseInStone's avatar

Love love love

I have worn this fragrance since 2001 or 2002 and it is/was my signature scent.

Back then it looked a bit plain and boring. It was fairly cheap to buy and every now and then you would bump into someone else who was wearing it. It's one of those fragrances which is very recognizable. There isn't really anything else like it so when you met someone else wearing it, there was no doubt about it.

Still the reason I kept buying it was because I loved it! It's vibrant, fun and really has some staying power. It goes on a bit brash but mellows into a floral, creamy, powdery scent but in a very modern way. It's very big on lillies and white floral but not at all generic. It's not really something which I'd say is classy but is a great daytime, spring/summer fragrance. You'll find that even if you apply it in the morning, you'll still smell it on yourself in the evening without really trying. It's a great shame it's no longer in production. Bottles are no longer so cheap and only really available on ebay. I wish I'd stocked up in advance now and will have to re-think my everyday fragrance choice.

Pros: Smells amazing, lasts, projection is good
    Cons: Discontinued"

21st July, 2013

blood-orange's avatar

When I tried this fragrance for the first time I was highly impressed, so excited with my find that I somehow managed to spray my face with the tester, (at least my face smelt nice).

D&G Feminine is a soft and clean type of scent which manages to combine a certain sweetness, creating a unique and interesting fragrance. I believe the opening is what people call a white musk.

I don't sense the mandarin orange in this fragrance at all, I get mostly an array of floral notes, which are beautifully blended I might add. D&G Feminine is actually the first 'clean' fragrance that I've been ecstatic over.

The drydown is the one thing that stops me from buying this fragrance. Although still a lovely scent, the musk becomes very dominant and artificial smelling, reminding me of my grandmother's house, (possibly the smell of mothballs). The sweetness completely disappears, and in my opinion, the scent loses its personality.

The lasting power is quite astounding for an EDT, lasting most of the day.

For wearers that don't mind the drydown, D&G Feminine would make an excellent 'go-to fragrance', even a great signature scent.

04th June, 2011

nonnative's avatar

The first time I tried it, I have to admit I didn't like it.... But today it strikes my senses with its unusual drydown. What makes it so unusual I couldn't say as many of the components of the pyramid of this frag are unknown to me. It is very feminine and chic. Some reviews say it stays long but on this aspect I have doubts. Anyway I like it!

19th August, 2010

carolyn ross's avatar

This is a very "feminine"scent. I also agree
    with the reviewer who said it's a floral with
    an edge. Great warm weather scent. The only
    drawback is the price.

14th September, 2009

ubuandibeme's avatar

Rich fruity topnotes of tangerine and yuzu quickly give way to a softly blended floral bouquet. The floral notes are muted, like a photograph taken with a soft-focus lense, fuzzy and gentle around the edges. A little bit powdery. Other D&G frags I've tried have a distinguishable musk in their base, and it is present here too. Completely pretty! Extremely wearable.

30th June, 2009

Yumm's avatar

This is a beautiful scent. It is light, but stays with you all day. I wear it when the weather warms up and usually get compliments. It wraps around you with a bit of warm weather. Love this one, but for summer.

14th May, 2009 (Last Edited: 10th August, 2009)

Add your review of D&G Feminine

• Listing Type: Auction with Buy it Now
    • 0 Bid(s)
    • Time Left: 2 days
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United States)