Light Blue (2001)

HouseDolce & Gabbana
PerfumerOlivier Cresp
Parent Company at launchEuroitalia

About Light Blue

Light Blue is a feminine perfume by Dolce & Gabbana. The scent was launched in 2001 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Olivier Cresp

Light Blue fragrance notes

Reviews of Light Blue

A decade and a half later and this is still love or hate.

Depends on your fragrant journey so far, and whether your nose can handle the aroma chems at play here.

It is sweet, super crisp and fresh, yet maintains some saltiness to allow a natural-ity to shine through.

Atelier's Atlas Cedar is very close to this, though Light Blue predates it by over a dozen years. Also recalls Versace Man Eau Fraiche.
03rd December, 2017
rbaker Show all reviews
The opening presents a pleasant citrus-based mix, with a fruity underpinning. Pleasant but quite nonspecific. The drydown is more floral, with jasmine a definite component, but a pleasantly discreet green touch is coming and going also.

The base presents woddsy impressions blended with white musks.

I get moderate sillage, adequate projection and a very decent seven hours of longevity on my skin.

The opening is quite agreeable, although a touch subdued and the citrus not very vivid or bright. The rest of this spring scent is rather generic and pale overall. In total - mediocre. 2.5/5.
07th September, 2017
Heard good things but this didn't work for me. Much too sweet, fruity, and fresh-laundry smelling. Maybe if I was ever an outdoorsy all-American 18-year-old, this might have worked for me in the past (though I doubt it). But as a professional 30-year-old woman who appreciates gourmet food (Wuyi rock teas, earthy red beans, spices, umami flavours), this was much too teenybopper.

Will make notes later on the longevity as it wears throughout the day.
08th August, 2017
For a dept. store fragrance, this is incredible in terms of projection, sillage, and longevity. My wife spritzes this upstairs in the bathroom, and I smell it downstairs. It leaves a sillage trail for quite awhile. It has a unique scent that unfortunately everyone is wearing. Like Acqua di Geo during it's heyday, Light Blue is part of the air you breath. Citrus for sure, there is a cedar/musk/floral component that makes it unique.
22nd July, 2017
This is one of the few fragrances I truly LOATHE. It makes me feel nauseated and I have developed migraines from it. I used to have a coworker who would wear it and it reeked so bad it took my breath away. This is not a "clean, non-offensive" scent. Please could everyone only wear this one in the privacy of their own homes. I'd rather smell a tire fire.
17th February, 2017 (last edited: 18th February, 2017)
I wore this perfume back in 2009-10, it was a good time in my life. I bought some last night cause it was on sale at Walgreens, and boy it brought back great memories. Love this fragrance, it lasts all day and is not offensive or overbearing. Perfect for everyday wear.
12th February, 2017

Add your review of Light Blue

Shop for Light Blue products online

Shop for Light Blue at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Light Blue

Member images of Light Blue

There are no member images of Light Blue yet. Why not be the first?