Light Blue (2001)
    by Dolce & Gabbana

Light Blue Fragrance Notes

Shop for Light Blue products online

Reviews of Light Blue

Showing 1 to 6 of 106 reviews.

Zenwannabee's avatar
    Zenwannabee

I read a recommendation several years ago that men should try this fragrance. And though I like the men's version of Light Blue, I think this might be the stronger of the two. And stronger in more ways than one--i.e. this is a not a fragrance to over-apply. Less is definitely more. I like to apply this on top of different aftershaves (say Cool Wave or Skin Bracer) and see where it takes me. I enjoy the green apple, but it lasts a bit too long in my opinion. However, after an hour or so, I really enjoy the cedar and the way I catch whiffs of jasmine all day long. It's light and springy. And my I like it on my wife too.

29 March, 2014

Captain's avatar
    Captain

Olivier Cresp is a genius, straight up. This is a well balanced citrusy and bright woody, sharp and refreshing trendsetter, best for a hot summer day. It seems more masculine than the typical women's frag. I imagine that, in 2001, it was very unique, it's been copied a great deal and I understand why. One thing about this fragrance we can all appreciate is its longevity. Who isn't tired of fragrances that don't last? Lemon based frags especially seem to have this trouble but this one does not. Light Blue is a solid frag, destined to become a classic.

08 February, 2014 (Last Edited: 22 February, 2014)

Bal a Versailles's avatar
    Bal a Versailles

Light Blah. The name, the bottle, the fragrance. Where is the mystery, the oom pah pah?
    Sillage alone does not a perfume make.( Aside: Love the story of Sonia Grojsman being followed for her amazing sillage when finalizing 'Eternity' for Calvin Klein) Black to Blah. Sung's 'Shi' is the same colour and much cheaper. A classic like Eau de Rochas or Eau Orlane (blue again) much nicer in my opinion but it could be just that my body chemistry is all wrong for this one.

11th April, 2013 (Last Edited: 16 April, 2013)

's avatar

(*)

Apparently Dolce & Gabbana decided that a demure shampoo fragrance wasn't vile enough, for the woody amber in this thing hisses like a pissed off cat. Really bad.

19 February, 2013 (Last Edited: 11th March, 2013)

Cricketkitty's avatar
    Cricketkitty

I really get the Granny Smith apple in a big way with this fragrance. I also get a touch of cedar, too. Although I like the smell of this, I will not buy another bottle as when I had a bottle I wore it to death, and now I can smell it on every other person who walks by, and it smells the same on everybody.

02 September, 2012

Excellent959's avatar
    Excellent959

Smelled this on a girl for years in a yoga class. She made 3 mistakes for me: 1) overwearing is a no no for me, 2) don't wear perfume in a hatha yoga class, 3) don't over apply, which she did all the time. Ever since she ruined it for me, lol .... the slightest hint of this juice will turn me off. If you don't make any of those mistakes, this might work for you & people around you.

14 July, 2012