DKNY Women (1999)

HouseDonna Karan
PackagingStephen Weiss
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies > Aramis and Designer Fragrances

About DKNY Women

The scent uses Headspace technology to capture the scent of Freshly Laundered T-Shirts and Wet Cobblestones. We're unsure that these even have smells! The bottle is designed to echo skyscrapers.

Reviews of DKNY Women

Genre: Citrus

DKNY Women shares character, if not content, with Mugler Cologne: an unabashedly chemical presence, a strong suggestion of fresh laundry, an effervescent citrus so abstract as to be unidentifiable, and a bright, translucent countenance. The citrus and clean musk come dangerously close to smelling like shampoo or a household cleaner, especially as the flinty aldehydes that accompany their entrance start to fade. After the first ten or fifteen minutes’ wear DKNY Women is a crisp, linear, skin scent that from time to time reveals surprising hints of sillage. The laundry musk drydown lasts a couple of hours before trailing off. In this antiseptic, abstract, postmodern eau de Cologne style, I actually prefer the more chameleonic and elusive Mugler, but DKNY Women makes pleasant and ironically gender neutral hot weather refresher.
12th June, 2014
I love this perfume, people always tell me how nice I smell whenever i wear it. I find it hard to get hold of, Would wear it everyday, fresh, feminine without being too flouncy. In my top 5 favourite scents.
31st January, 2014
For me this doesn't have the same effect as traditional French perfumery, which enhances bodily smells; it cancels them out. If you're a big fan of musky, leathery, and animalic notes DKNY Women is unlikely to win you over. It has a place in my fragrance wardrobe for the days I feel too queasy to wear fragrance.
01st April, 2013
Clean and refreshing but unfortunately not my cup of tea. A pleasant enough lemon-scented detergent blend in my opinion.

I'll give credit to this fragrance for being unique and modern. DKNY is like a mixture of fruits, soapiness and spices. There is also a subtle hint of alcohol, like vodka intermixed with the citrusy top notes.

I have actually smelt this on a girl that I used to work with that really did this scent justice. On her DKNY smelt clean and pretty but on my skin this fragrance is acrid and strong. It really depends on skin chemistry with this scent.

I read somewhere that there was a note of wet cobblestones in this fragrance and somehow I sense it. DKNY does remind me of a city just after a storm, the smell of damp concrete and stone. A fascinating scent to say the least.

This is a relatively light scent which lasts a great while on the skin. I can't say that I disliked this fragrance, I enjoyed it to a certain extent just not on myself.

12th June, 2011
Utterly pointless, totally banal. Save yourself the money and dab some fabric conditioner behind your ears.
28th February, 2011
Hard not to love this, unless you are not into synthetic fragrances. This is a close relative of D&G Lightblue. Same sharp sweet with a strong citrus cut. I would definately agree with sexy. This is beautiful on a city girl with a high tech flair, in the summer ofcourse.
23rd July, 2010

Add your review of DKNY Women

Shop for DKNY Women products online

Shop for DKNY Women at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for DKNY Women

Member images of DKNY Women

There are no member images of DKNY Women yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to DKNY Women