Cabriole (1977)

HouseElizabeth Arden
Parent CompanyElizabeth Arden Inc
Parent Company at launchEli Lilly & Co

About Cabriole

Cabriole is a feminine perfume by Elizabeth Arden. The scent was launched in 1977

Reviews of Cabriole

I was lucky enough to stumble upon a vintage new miniature bottle of Cabriole Cologne, with absolutely no evaporation, discoloration, or deterioration. Such a rare treat to find the top notes intact in a bottle easily 30 years old.

This is a beautiful Aldehydic Floral Chypre in the style of Snob by le Galion. Aldehydes over Bergamot lead into fresh floral notes of Jasmine and Rose, and Beeswax. The heart has a floral Spice note, likely Carnation, and an Elmer's Glue funk that I believe is a true animal base peeking through. The base is sturdy but soft spoken: Roses, Violets, Powder, and Wood. Perfect for spring or summer.

If you like Casaque, No. 5, Snob, Arpege, Y, Joy, or other classic aldehydic florals you will enjoy this on a day you want something light, but still substantial. Cabriole is a polite contrast to the domineering green chypres that dominated the 70s.
29th July, 2011
This was my very first 'proper' perfume, given to me by a journalist aunt when I was twelve. I felt very ladylike when I wore it. I remember it as a sweet floral.
28th October, 2008
For some reason, Cabriole (Elizabeth Arden 1977)smells so very very familiar to me, and I'm wondering if perhaps my mother may have had a bottle once. It is just absolutely gorgeous, and is what I'd call a really WOMANLY perfume, not old-ladyish, but like an elegant and voluptuous woman. It is a sweet floral, primarily rosey, but it opens with the tanginess of raspberry and galbanum. Soon afterward, you smell the opulent floralcy, but through a veil of honeyed other florals, including the faintest hint of carnation. The floral heart is well supported by the basenotes, which are powdery and strong enough to hold on to the heart without asserting themselves strongly. Once in awhile, the cedarwood contributes a slight ashiness to the powdery base, but this is always the tendency on my skin for any cedarwood. On most people, this ashiness doesn't seem to occur, so I'd go ahead and recommend Cabriole highly!
27th October, 2005

Add your review of Cabriole

Shop for Cabriole products online

Search Amazon for Cabriole

Member images of Cabriole

There are no member images of Cabriole yet. Why not be the first?