Red Door (1989)

PerfumerOlivier Gillotin
Parent CompanyElizabeth Arden Inc
Parent Company at launchUnilever

About Red Door

Red Door is a feminine perfume by Elizabeth Arden. The scent was launched in 1989 and the fragrance was created by perfumers Olivier Gillotin and Carlos Benaim

Red Door fragrance notes

Reviews of Red Door

I don't care what you say, I love Red Door. It's always been something that I sniff in passing while at the perfume counters, and I'm always shocked by how much I like it. Admittedly, I love big 80s spicy perfumes, big vintage scents, and hate today's sickly-sweet fruity-desserty bombs, but Red Door is almost it's own thing. Rose-y but spicy with an interesting drydown that is sweet but not too sweet. I can always tell when I've been wearing it because I pick up the shirt from the day before and inevitably, I have to take a big inhale and say, "Wow, that's yummy." I have Shalimar and Chanel 5 & 19 and Serge Lutens Ambre Sultan, among others, and I like Red Door almost as much as those other, fancier perfumes. I have the lotion and the perfume -- bought for a grand total of $30 at TJMaxx. Great price is a bonus! I only wear a little if going to the office, but on weekends, I load up when I'm in the mood for it! It just makes me happy. Haters gonna hate, but oh well.
30th April, 2015
Don't overdo it.
On some this smells very nice.
When my sister wore it I remember the scent of honey and jasmines
When I wore it I got orange and cinnamon scents
It's a nice frag so long as it's not overapplied.
24th January, 2015
I found this at my mom's house when she passed. Use very tiny sprays. It last 16 hours. My husband likes it on me. I only wore it because it was my mothers and could not bring myself to throw it out.
05th December, 2014
Just like No.5, this is definitely a powerhouse. My way of describing it ~Proceed with caution & use sparingly~...too much it'll give you a headache for sure. My mom and I share a bottle. I'm in a love hate relationship with this one. I've had both positive and negative views/ comments whenever I wear this one. Anyhow, I treat it as one of my elegant and sensuous lady perfume :)
07th November, 2014
Holy s**t! Why would anyone in their right minds want to smell like a can of bug spray?

You can probably kill a cockroach by spraying Red Door at it...unfortunately, along with any other life forms - plant, animal and human - within a 1 mile radius.

Garish and hideous odor...
21st August, 2014
I tried this for the first time today at Sam's club. My first instinct was to go to the ladies room and try to wash it off. At first spray, It had the fragrance of bug spray and plastic. As it began to dry down, it became this wonderful fragrance of spices, honey, amber and resins with some floral Which I love! I can see where one would have to only use a small amount though as it can be overpowering. This fragrance is so different from the junk that is called perfume today. To me, all those named after movie stars and rock stars smell the same. I will definitely be adding this one to my collection!
24th May, 2014

Add your review of Red Door

Shop for Red Door products online

Shop for Red Door at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Red Door

Member images of Red Door

There are no member images of Red Door yet. Why not be the first?