Sunflowers (1993)

PerfumerDavid Apel
Parent CompanyRevlon Inc > Elizabeth Arden Inc
Parent Company at launchUnilever

About Sunflowers

Sunflowers is a feminine perfume by Elizabeth Arden. The scent was launched in 1993 and the fragrance was created by perfumer David Apel

Sunflowers fragrance notes

Reviews of Sunflowers

A lovely orchestra of notes to start. A good balance of fruits. Touch of green. Some creaminess. Very bright, with a hint of wood. It is definitely an Elizabeth Arden scent.

The middle reveals more greenish notes. Flowers are well-mixed, hard to pick out singularly. So far, I've enjoyed the top notes more than the middle. Now, it has definitely turned into a "mainstream" floral.

Lots of lily of the valley emerges over time. It becomes more woodsy and green. However, this one is gone from my skin in a matter of a couple hours. At least I finally got around to trying this one. I'd always been curious...
20th December, 2019
I bought this because a full 100ml bottle only cost me about $1.It's not my favourite and it's not even something I would buy if it was full price, but it's decent enough to wear when you don't want to waste your treasured scent on a normal day, or just want something to spritz on after shower.
28th March, 2019
Sour, a sharp powdery yellow floral and hard woody varnish that - in these days of penetrating spiky woods - wouldn't be so out of place as a bizarre sallow masculine. Too cheap smelling to be serious though.

**/*
03rd September, 2018
I bought this one purely for nostalgic reasons, plus I found a 100ml for less than $10 so why not? Itís funny to see how many of these reviews are memory/nostalgia based comments, because thatís exactly my connection to this perfume. Does it smell cheap, plastic, and terrible? I donít know, I guess it does to some people, but not me. Personally, the memories connected to it are so strong that itís nearly impossible to be objective. I donít usually like (nor write) reviews that describe a memory/fragrance link, but because it seems to be a theme on BN for Sunflowers, here is mine:

The winter in the mid-1990ís, Iím 11 or 12 years old and my friend took me along to the Florida Keys on a family vacation. His sister, 15 or so at the time, got to bring a friend tooÖand she brought Ann. Oh, Ann. I was still at the age where talking to girls wasnít easy (if not impossible) never mind talking to two older, gorgeous, tall, leggy high school girls who perpetually wore bikini tops and cut-off jean shorts. Ann and my friendsí sister got tipsy one night and flirted with meÖa lot. Ann wore Sunflowers. I know this because she sprayed some on her bare long neck and asked me to smell it. I was in heaven, pure blissÖit was more the situation than the perfume, but you know what they say about scent and memories.

Itís my first strong memory of that cosmically powerful, burning desire towards the opposite sex, and Sunflowers played a lead role. How can I not still love it?
08th April, 2016
Innocuous enough, pleasant green floral from Arden.

It does have a plastic under scent that can give it a "cheap" feeling. I am most reminded of Arden's other paean to the fields, Blue Grass, which it resembles.

Nothing at all special, and therefore highly affordable.

Top notes: Lemon, Rosewood, Neroli, Mandarin
Middle notes: Cyclamen, Muguet, Rose, Jasmine, Orris
Base notes: Cedar, Musk, Amber, Moss

Nothing to go out of your way for.
10th July, 2014
rbaker Show all reviews
Floral & fruity

Orange, mandarin, bergamot and a bit of cantaloup start it off, to be followed by jasmine. Then Sunflower kicks in quite a pleasant way. Later in the drydown a bit of wood is added, but essentially this is and remains a medium-sweet yet never cloying floral scent that is clearly synthetic and linear on my skin, but quite nice. What is really decent is the projection and the silage, and the longevity of over six hours on me.

22nd August, 2013

Add your review of Sunflowers

Shop for Sunflowers products online

Shop for Sunflowers at online perfumeries

SUNFLOWER/ELIZABETH ARDEN EDT SPRAY 1.0 OZ (W)

End Date: Thursday Jun-4-2020 4:41:13 PDT

Elizabeth Arden Sunflowers Euphorics Body Spray 8oz Lemon Lavender Pimento Oil

End Date: Thursday Jun-4-2020 7:27:22 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $17.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

SUNFLOWERS 1.7 Oz Eau de Toilette Spray for Women (Unboxed) Elizabeth Arden FULL

End Date: Thursday Jun-4-2020 7:44:20 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $4.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

ELIZABETH ARDEN SUNFLOWERS EAU DE TOILETTE .25 FL OZ PERFUME NEW YORK !

End Date: Thursday Jun-4-2020 10:25:45 PDT

Sunflowers Eau De Toilette Spray 1.7 Oz / 50 Ml for Women by Elizabeth Arden

End Date: Thursday Jun-4-2020 12:58:35 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $15.84
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Elizabeth Arden **SUNFLOWERS** 3.4 Women 3.3oz Eau de Toilette Sealed in NEW Box

End Date: Thursday Jun-4-2020 13:38:56 PDT