Sunflowers (1993)

PerfumerDavid Apel
Parent CompanyRevlon Inc > Elizabeth Arden Inc
Parent Company at launchUnilever

About Sunflowers

Sunflowers is a feminine perfume by Elizabeth Arden. The scent was launched in 1993 and the fragrance was created by perfumer David Apel

Sunflowers fragrance notes

Reviews of Sunflowers

Sour, a sharp powdery yellow floral and hard woody varnish that - in these days of penetrating spiky woods - wouldn't be so out of place as a bizarre sallow masculine. Too cheap smelling to be serious though.

**/*
03rd September, 2018
I bought this one purely for nostalgic reasons, plus I found a 100ml for less than $10 so why not? Itís funny to see how many of these reviews are memory/nostalgia based comments, because thatís exactly my connection to this perfume. Does it smell cheap, plastic, and terrible? I donít know, I guess it does to some people, but not me. Personally, the memories connected to it are so strong that itís nearly impossible to be objective. I donít usually like (nor write) reviews that describe a memory/fragrance link, but because it seems to be a theme on BN for Sunflowers, here is mine:

The winter in the mid-1990ís, Iím 11 or 12 years old and my friend took me along to the Florida Keys on a family vacation. His sister, 15 or so at the time, got to bring a friend tooÖand she brought Ann. Oh, Ann. I was still at the age where talking to girls wasnít easy (if not impossible) never mind talking to two older, gorgeous, tall, leggy high school girls who perpetually wore bikini tops and cut-off jean shorts. Ann and my friendsí sister got tipsy one night and flirted with meÖa lot. Ann wore Sunflowers. I know this because she sprayed some on her bare long neck and asked me to smell it. I was in heaven, pure blissÖit was more the situation than the perfume, but you know what they say about scent and memories.

Itís my first strong memory of that cosmically powerful, burning desire towards the opposite sex, and Sunflowers played a lead role. How can I not still love it?
08th April, 2016
Innocuous enough, pleasant green floral from Arden.

It does have a plastic under scent that can give it a "cheap" feeling. I am most reminded of Arden's other paean to the fields, Blue Grass, which it resembles.

Nothing at all special, and therefore highly affordable.

Top notes: Lemon, Rosewood, Neroli, Mandarin
Middle notes: Cyclamen, Muguet, Rose, Jasmine, Orris
Base notes: Cedar, Musk, Amber, Moss

Nothing to go out of your way for.
10th July, 2014
rbaker Show all reviews
Floral & fruity

Orange, mandarin, bergamot and a bit of cantaloup start it off, to be followed by jasmine. Then Sunflower kicks in quite a pleasant way. Later in the drydown a bit of wood is added, but essentially this is and remains a medium-sweet yet never cloying floral scent that is clearly synthetic and linear on my skin, but quite nice. What is really decent is the projection and the silage, and the longevity of over six hours on me.

22nd August, 2013
This is probably the worst fragrance that has ever been created. It smells cheap, smothersome, sickening, like those flowers we used to put in the garden to repel bugs and slugs (marigolds?). Any $2 fragrance from the bargain bin at a flea market would beat this vile mess. And all the toxic knockoffs that came along.....
03rd September, 2012
LOL! Wow, sorry if somebody thinks I have no taste or hopelessly downmarket sensibilities or something, but I like this scent a lot, and suspect I'd still like it if I could afford much pricier stuff. I do know what a lot of the expensive juice smells like; some I love and a lot just bores me. This, though, is different, and special. Fragrance is extremely seasonal to me as an herbalist and wildcrafter, and this smells to me of late summer and early fall, my favorite time of the year. That may be because to me it smells recognizably of the scented sunflower varieties that grow wild or near-wild here, and of rudbeckia and solidago and the dried cones of echinacea, zinnia and feverfew. The smell of slow, dusty sunlight crossing a September field. To each h/er own, but this is one I'll want even after I win the lottery. ;-)
20th October, 2011

Add your review of Sunflowers

Shop for Sunflowers products online

Shop for Sunflowers at online perfumeries

Sunflowers Elizabeth Arden 3.3 fl oz Eau de Toilette 40% full

Elizabeth Arden SUNFLOWERS Perfume EAU DE Toilette Perfume 1 Oz Spray

End Date: Tuesday Mar-19-2019 5:07:33 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $26.90
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

RARE elizabeth arden sunflower perfume tablecloth gingham farmhouse

$40.00 (0 Bids)

SUNFLOWERS by Elizabeth Arden 3.4 oz Spray 3.3 Perfume NEW IN BOX

End Date: Tuesday Mar-19-2019 9:50:36 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $12.32
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Sunflowers Perfume by Elizabeth Arden, 3 Piece Gift Set for Women ( New)

End Date: Tuesday Mar-19-2019 9:55:58 PDT

TSTR - Sunflowers Arden W 100ml TSTR (no cap) Woman Fragrance

End Date: Tuesday Mar-19-2019 11:44:31 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $22.49
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Elizabeth Arden Sunflowers Dream Petals Eau de Toilette Spray for Women, 3.3 Oz.

End Date: Tuesday Mar-19-2019 11:56:31 PDT