Passion (1987)

Passion information

Year of Launch1987

HouseElizabeth Taylor
Parent CompanyRevlon Inc > Elizabeth Arden Inc
Parent Company at launchUnilever > Chesebrough-Pond's > Prince Matchabelli > Parfums International

About Passion

Passion is a feminine perfume by Elizabeth Taylor. The scent was launched in 1987

Passion fragrance notes

Reviews of Passion

What a hypocrite I am! How do I have the gall to criticize the sticky sweet lolly fumes and not only give this a pass, but give it a spritz or two on my neck and head out the door feeling like a queen?

I can't explain the strange attraction I have to this scent because all I really get is sweet, (and did I mention SWEET?) jasmine incense. That's it, but apparently that is enough to trigger the pleasure center in my brain.

BTW: I am speaking of the reformulated version. I also wore and loved the much richer vintage. To this day, this is the only ET perfume I cared about. The men's version, while equally wonderful in a completely different way, is also a love, but, alas, only on a man. My skin does it no justice whatsoever.
03rd September, 2016
One would have thought that Taylor's first scent would have been above the ordinary, a star and celebrity in and of itself, like its creator. No such luck.

This is a "safe" scent - warm and powdery, with the amber, musk and sandalwood supporting the floral melange of gardenia (tuberose actually), rose, muguet, jasmine and ylang. More of a scent your mother or grandmother might wear, even back in the late 80s, when this debuted.

Think Avon or the drugstore Coty scents - hundreds of them, cheaply and mass produced, all nice, for the most part, but none of them outstanding.

Not bad, just not particularly good.
10th June, 2015
A little Passion goes a LONG way!
If I apply a dab or two to wrists it envelops with a complicated, rather sweet mix of floral with spice as well as musky undertones....a teeny bit like an explosion in a perfume factory, mayhaps.

But I like a few dabs before bedtime on a cold night....
20th November, 2012
A loud, nondescript, sweet monster.

Nothing passionate about it.
05th September, 2012
Has a strong, soapy start that I hate. Strong incense finish. I should like it, but somehow it smells cheap on me. Love E.T. though, no matter if her perfumes aren't great.
07th April, 2012
Oh, how I wanted to love this. I remember the late 1980s when all middle-aged women wore this - I was too young for it then but not too young now. ;) I sought out vintage parfum and vintage EdT on ebay - about $3 for both, plus shipping.

Boy oh boy, how our tastes & palettes have changed in those 25 years! This is far too masculine for me, or anyone who likes their perfume on the femme side of unisex. That said, it makes a great masculine!

I'm glad to have tried it. I quickly got rid of it!
26th March, 2011

Add your review of Passion

Shop for Passion products online

Shop for Passion at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Passion

Member images of Passion

There are no member images of Passion yet. Why not be the first?