Escada Margaretha Ley (1990)
by Escada

Escada Margaretha Ley information

Year of Launch1990
AvailabilityDiscontinued

HouseEscada
PerfumerMichel Almairac
Parent Company at launchEscada Beaute Group

About Escada Margaretha Ley

Escada Margaretha Ley is a feminine perfume by Escada. The scent was launched in 1990 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Michel Almairac

Escada Margaretha Ley fragrance notes

Reviews of Escada Margaretha Ley

Endless volumes of syrup leading to a predictable conclusion:

Once the redundant bergamot and lime intro flies off, Margaretha Ley is revealed in all her sugar coated orange blossom and ylang ylang glory, eating canned peaches - in a nail parlour.

While the floral nuances hold up it's actually not bad, but these soon decay to reveal a heart so massively sweet that even Barbara Cartland might have found it schmaltzy.

Then comes the long slow descent into the banal, and slightly awry, oriental drydown.

20th May, 2016
This was my all time favorite and I am just devastated that it's discontinued. I used to buy the ", Collection" bottle every Xmas. Why did they discontinue such a work of art and will they ever sell it again? I wish I knew so I could've cherished a bottle.
23rd June, 2015
Oviatt Show all reviews
This is a flowerhouse scent of the first degree--lots and lots of gorgeous flowers--iris, jasmine, orange blossom, ylang, ylang--support the star of the show, the hyacinth. The scent smells like it has other flowers smell like freesias, honeysuckle and muguet--in fact like a whole host of flowers that aren't even included. It is a juggernaut of flowers! There is enough vanilla and musk in the base to give this a floral oriental designation, but for me, the flowers smell too fresh, too much like a florist's cooler, to be truly oriental, with all of the rich spiciness that implies. When this came out it was completely unique and was perfect for the time. An elegant, sexy floral. I am not really sure what the Escada brand promise is, or what the fashion line is like, but this was their best offering and it is a shame if this has in fact been discontinued. This is a perfect fragrance for spring or for when a woman wants to be reminded of spring in other seasons, like wearing an Easter bonnet all year round.
27th January, 2015
I bought this scent when it came out in 1990. I just love it. Too bad it has been discontinued in its original formulation. I've got a few bottles but guard them jealously. Wore it the other day and after a few hours i got a scent of something wonderful when the wind blew - realized it was me! I will caution that this is a very heady scent and must be used sparingly. If you use more then 3 small sprays you've probably over done it and will be disappointed.

Sure wish they hasn't changed this one. If anybody has original they don't like let me know.
24th September, 2012
I loved this scent on a friend and went in search of an affordable version on line. So disappointed. It knocks me out, almost literally.Not just in being overpowering, but it also makes me sick, headachy, sinuses swell ....guess what my friend is getting for Christmas!
25th November, 2011
I fell for this fragrance the first time I encountered it in a department store. For almost 20 years, I have always used this, and many people have asked me "what are you wearing" and gone out and purchased this fragrance for themselves. It is elegant, classy, a bit spicy and understated. It is an Audrey Hepburn type fragrance.
13th November, 2009

Add your review of Escada Margaretha Ley

Shop for Escada Margaretha Ley products online

Shop for Escada Margaretha Ley at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Escada Margaretha Ley

Member images of Escada Margaretha Ley

There are no member images of Escada Margaretha Ley yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Escada Margaretha Ley