Youth Dew (1953)

PerfumerJosephine Catapano
SupplierIFF
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies

About Youth Dew

Youth Dew is a feminine perfume by Estée Lauder. The scent was launched in 1953 and the fragrance was created by perfumers Josephine Catapano and Josephine Catapano

Youth Dew fragrance notes

Reviews of Youth Dew

Oviatt Show all reviews
The name is a strange choice because there is nothing youthful about this rich, mature, heavy scent. Nor is it fresh like a dew drop. It is a rich, ambery oriental that feels heavy handed and over-ripe. This is a child of Tabu and the precursor to Opium and the sister to Replique, Interlude, Pour Une Femme, etc., but is not as good as those, in my opinion. Hugely popular in its day, this is not the timeless classic that some other orientals are, but a good, but out-dated period piece. This is for the ladies who favor big hair, heavy makeup, chunky jewelry and shoulderpads, regardless of what is in style at the time.
20th June, 2015
Salutation.

A moment of madness where succumbing to temptation. YOUTH-DEW is a richly sensual experience.this is definitely a love it or you hate it.if you ask me,i love it because i love femme fatale scents per se.it is without a doubt one of the best classic scent a woman can wear.this creative mixture to arouse unprecedented and unforgettable sensations through the power of scent.the wearer of YOUTH-DEW is a hero who sees this emblem as an incitement to provoke, challenging convention.she is also Voluptuous,Hot, Alluring,Bold,Oriental and Intriguing.

An irresistible first impression of fusing freshness opens the fragrance combining fruity notes of bergamot,peach and sparkling orange with spicy notes that add an intricate richness.the heart is feast of feminine elements of jasmine,rose,ylang ylang and cinnamon that create a bridge to the sensual and provocative base notes of vanilla,oak moss,vetiver, patchouli and amber that leaving a truly voluptuous aura in its wake in winter evening.this is a must have for a mysterious woman,a powerful and unsettling seductress who is at once ingenuous and dangerous.

Sillage?Attractive.

Longevity?Excellent on my skin.

7.5/10
13th June, 2015
This is a very sexy scent, if the comments I have received when wearing it are anything to go by. It can be overpowering- a little does go a long way. This is not a prom perfume, more like a second honeymoon scent. Even so, it has a fragrance that you will sniff often with pleasure. Lasts a very long time.
25th February, 2015
A nice spicy and resinous warm amber scent. This is a review for the vintage extrait. It feels like a precursor to the later and more difficult to wear opium. This one is a little sweeter, softer, but still there. This is no wallflower! a little bit dated, but a nice scent. Unisex to my nose.
25th May, 2014
The lady from Shangai. A feminine powerhouse, resinous, spicy, with pungent clove notes, luscious intoxicating flower accords of rose and narcissus. Dark, sensual base of patchouli, amber, vetiver. Deeply balsamic, even with a hint of menthol if you inspire it with strength. Slightly cloying camphor feel – the aldehydes. Exotic, shady, dense, animalic, even slightly indolic at first. Even its appearance is just great – brown, sticky, dense like a narcotic liquor. After a while it naturally sweetens and lightens a bit, and you get the same scent just brighter with a more aromatic/poudrée/vanillin feel. Not for everyone – and perhaps, even if still gorgeous, just a bit outdated.

19th April, 2014
At one point I was searching for a spicy rose scent by notes - cinnamon, rose, cloves, and amber were my search terms, I think. I was surprised that Youth Dew came up as one of the only things in that search result. And then it came up again when I searched for some combination of resin-y notes. I had long written off Youth Dew for a lurking bitterness, which I now think must be the civet, and I hadn't tried it again since probably the 80s. So I tested it on paper first, and the next day I couldn't believe how rich, warm, sweet, and smooth the drydown on paper was, just my sort of thing. I then tried it on my skin, and while to this day I don't really pick out rose, I get a wonderful floral accord that reminds me of jonquil more than the listed ylang - very similar to the floral accord in Tabu, my drugstore favorite. That accord and the patchouli combined do create a certain similarity between the two frags, though Tabu is less spicy and a little daytime cologne by comparison! I think Youth Dew must be in the top three or five most potent scents ever. I actually bought the bath oil because I was concerned about over application with the spray, and whether or not the oil is a new formulation - I don't know - it really radiates warmth like few things I've encountered.
13th March, 2014

Add your review of Youth Dew

Shop for Youth Dew products online

Shop for Youth Dew at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Youth Dew

Member images of Youth Dew

There are no member images of Youth Dew yet. Why not be the first?