Beautiful (1985)

HouseEstée Lauder
PerfumerSophia Grojsman
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies

About Beautiful

The fragrance of a thousand flowers

Beautiful fragrance notes

Reviews of Beautiful

It's so hard to judge a perfume outside of it's cultural position. This certainly brings back lot of images and memories from the 80's.

I don't know how to describe it. Consulting the notes listed above, I can detect the sandalwood & jasmine.

It's pretty, but distinctive in way I'm not sure about.

I would not purchase this perfume.

If someone gave me a bottle, I would use it and try to decide if I like it.
28th April, 2017
Another old tuberose monster brought to heel by changing times, tastes, and restrictions. It is still good, and richer than most florals of today, but I kind of liked the bawdiness of the original, which stopped just shy of becoming a terror the likes of Knowing (which strangely came afterward). In any case it's quite the impressive bouquet.
07th February, 2017
Maragold is unique. Green, strong floral. I'd have guessed it was an 80s fragrance, it's that style. Nice.
05th November, 2016
I love this perfume so much. It's my Signature scent. It isn't the beautiful of the 80's or 90's been changed almost to a different scent but still smells good just wish it was the beautiful of the 90's again that was when Beautiful EDP was at it's best. Good staying power I don't find it overly strong AT ALL. Good staying power with 8 sprays I get all day and I can smell the dry down for days after. I love very clean smells and this works good on me. It is quite weaker than it use to be but still a good scent for anyone who likes florals don't get spicy nor fruity notes just floral notes. :)
20th August, 2016
A real surprise for me as I usually have neutral responses to Estee Lauder scents. I find them nice, likable, but in no way outstanding, or bad. Just middle of the road.

I read Turin's four star review of praise and his dubbing it a "classic rose," so was prepared to find this only so-so. I was wrong.

This is a classic floral chypre, the blend of the flowers so balanced that it is hard for me to pick any of them out. The classic chypre base has that mossy caramelized sugar quality that I love in the classics of this genre. There is also a note that reminds me of celery seed. Surprising there is no moss in this according to the profile on this page. Extemely well done.

To be fair, my spouse doesn't like it at all. He found it to begin as a decent but murky chypre, then fade to a weak floral, and end as unpleasant powder over sweat. To each his own.
10th October, 2015
The name fits the scent: Beautiful exudes, in fact, beauty – in its more elegant, classic, versatile, feminine meaning. The scent opens with a perfect bouquet of rich and noble flowers (rose, jasmine, tuberose, carnation...), aldehydes, a balsamic breeze (partially naturally green, partially synthetic, provided by a subtle aquatic note), a woody base of sandalwood and some delicate chypre notes, and not much else. Simple but compelling, straightforward, rich, really pleasant, opulent and feminine, with a fresh twist – don't think of classic chypres, the territory here is lighter, more lively, more floral. On the drydown it becomes eventually a bit more dry and darker, revealing an unexpected masculine side of almost-leathery notes, humid and shady echoes of flowers, drier woody notes (salty vetiver also?). Not exactly "unique", but a versatile, solid, classic scent – the ideal signature scent for "the modern, self-conscious refined lady".

7,5-8/10
12th July, 2014

Add your review of Beautiful

Shop for Beautiful products online

Shop for Beautiful at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Beautiful