Spellbound (1991)

HouseEstée Lauder
PerfumerSophia Grojsman
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies

About Spellbound

Spellbound is a feminine perfume by Estée Lauder. The scent was launched in 1991 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Sophia Grojsman

Reviews of Spellbound

I love this and I have the vintage EDP this is by far one of my all time favorites I find it odd that cloves are never listed as a note because me along with anyone who has smelled this on me and on many others first thing they say is its Christmasy and that being from the Clove note. I have a 2014 bottle and it doesn't last but a few hours on my skin hardly any perfume last on my skin my skin eats up almost every scent I buy Cinnabar and Youth DEW stay with my skin very long and a few other lighter scents last on my skin very long but not this now on my clothes it lasted for over a week so very good longevity silage is decent could be better. I'm happy that I could just track down a vintage bottle from 2014 before they started making the new cheaper version of SB that is in the clear bottle and is so watered down so bad long side the new cinnabar so I went vintage on that one to. I love this beauty get compliments always!
30th November, 2016
Salutation.

A declaration of femininity,a love affair in a bottle..anothers great scent by Sophia Grojsman.this is definitely for the mature, stylish and self confident woman.when I think of spellbound I think of old-time Hollywood starts like Audrey Hepburn and Marilyn Monroe,women who knew who they were and what they did and how they did it.Intriguing,Captivating, Romantic,Sensual,Classic, Warm,Spicy,Complex, Memorable and Ultra Feminine.

The apricot notes doesent turn syrupy at the first. The perfume selected carnation to pique the curiosity of mystery,and tuberose for its opulent and intensely feminine evocation.they then plunge the amber into vanilla,sandalwood and opoponax.a hint of vetiver adds dimension to the olfactory story.if you love cardamom and carmation this is the right perfume for you.i can imagine a very confident woman wearing it with her head held up high.but she also has a kind heart and has a lovely smile.not for daily use,just for special night out.

Sillage?Noticeable.

Longevity?Great on my skin.

7.25/10
20th January, 2016
In the same vein as the old-school Vanderbilt by Gloria Vanderbilt (but more balanced and dry) Estee Lauder SpellBound is a fruity-floral oriental chypre centered over a combination of heady apricot (really warm and lush in its association with orange and balsams), orange blossoms, nectar, indolic powdery floral notes and woody amber (which appears luxuriously combined with fruity floral elements and light spices in order to exude a glorious "poisonous" dreamy wake). Romantic and vaguely fairy as a enchanted little imaginary silvan universe populated by secret funny creatures of the forest. The central characterizing accord is represented in my humble opinion by aldehydes, a whiff of bergamot, orange/apricot, a touch of heliotrope, sweet spices, floral pollen, ylang-ylang, a touch of honey and amber. This dreamy accord (enriched by a minimal touch of civet providing a stale flowerpot water-like undertone, in my opinion) provides a sort of magic dreamy-fantastic starry "pollution" with a retro (a bit parisian old attic type) and fairy background and a touch of yumminess. I find SpellBound such a mysterious and elusive concoction as a white Fairy with Turquoise Hair. Unfortunately I smell the references to a synthetic vibe many talk about. For an eccentric and dreamer silent young contemporary women.
26th September, 2014
No offense to the forces of evil, but no self-respecting sorceress of my acquaintance would invoke this over the top sugary-flower curse.

Perhaps they'd sent it to a rival as a gift if they're all out of poisoned apples.

What is this anyway? Opium mixed with Pink Sugar?

Weird . . .
04th September, 2014
I love this and have just recently started wearing it again it does seem to have longevity for me and gets some nice compliments
09th May, 2014
This is not the nastiest fragrance I have ever encountered, but something about it smells medicinal. I should know, a co-worker douses herself in this, and it is so strong I have to turn my fan around to blow it down the hallway. Ladies, please, use a light hand with this as it is quite voluminous.
03rd September, 2012

Add your review of Spellbound

Shop for Spellbound products online

Shop for Spellbound at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Spellbound

Member images of Spellbound

There are no member images of Spellbound yet. Why not be the first?