Pleasures (1995)

HouseEstée Lauder
PackagingPierre Dinand
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies

About Pleasures

Pleasures is a feminine perfume by Estée Lauder. The scent was launched in 1995 and the bottle was designed by Pierre Dinand

Reviews of Pleasures

A bright, cheerful springtime scent - with clean, almost soapy green notes, paired with light, airy, somewhat aquatic florals. Rose is particularly prominent here, even more so as it settles. Starts off like a spring rain, leaving behind beautiful blooming blossoms in its wake.
13th June, 2016
I think I mostly agree with everything that Luca Turin says about this one in his "A-Z Guide to Perfume." :)
This is truly a gorgeous scent, and there really isn't much to not like about it, in my own humble opinion. :)
I'm currently testing it out of a sample tube, dabbed on with a stick, and, applied that way, this perfume really mostly just stays a skin scent, and has very little projection or sillage at all. I'm not sure what the actual sillage is like on this one when it's actually sprayed from the bottle, but I suspect it's a more subtle, quiet scent to begin with. There is really nothing in the way this perfume smells that comes across as an overly "loud" or very heavy or bold scent.
When it's first applied, "Pleasures" by Estee Lauder mostly (to my nose) is a lot of fresh, green "dewy" notes mingled with pink pepper in the top notes. There is, apparently, supposed to be some violet, freesia and tuberose notes, as well as some berries in the top notes as well, but I mostly just smell green notes and pink pepper! (You probably need to spray it from the actual bottle to get other notes more.) It's a very lovely, light and slightly spicy scent that I definitely enjoy a lot! Years ago, I remember that The Body Shop once had a limited edition perfume with pink pepper notes, unfortunately I can't remember what it was called at all! "Pleasures" by Estee Lauder actually reminds me of that one a lot though, at least in how the top notes were done in this perfume. I always loved the pink pepper perfume from The Body Shop too, and thought it was one of the nicest smelling things, and I feel pretty much the same way about "Pleasures."
This perfume also reminds me of "Neroli: Secrets D'Essences" EDP from Yves Rocher as well, in the sense that, when you first spray this one on, it mostly just smells spicy and green in the top notes, and that smell, unlike many other top notes in perfumes, lasts a surprisingly long time! Almost to the extent that you start to wonder if you're actually wearing a floral perfume at all? And then, later, after maybe at least 25 minutes to half an hour, the scent eventually develops into a beautiful floral heart, and it seems almost as if a gorgeous potpourri of flowers are blooming out of a lot of greenery and spice! The flowers in this one are different, being a mixture of peony, rose, jasmine, geranium, lilac, lily and some tropical flower called karo karounde, but it still reminds me of the "Neroli" scent in that it comes across like a lovely, sweet smelling and fresh floral bouquet, gently mingled with a hint of a somewhat spicy, peppery scent. I agree with Turin too though that the flowers and musk in this perfume tend to come across as "soapy" and clean, although not in the same way as aldehydes, which seem far "soapier" to my nose. Still, I can understand the comparison to Dove soap once the floral heart of this fragrance unfolds. It definitely has a certain quality that seems very much like that! :)
Overall, "Pleasures" by Estee Lauder is just a really gorgeous women's perfume, and I definitely highly recommend it to everyone! Even if you think you're not a fan of florals, I think you should at least try a sample of this, or try it from the tester bottle at an Estee Lauder counter (or at Sephora.) I think they usually have one! I really think this one is good enough that it's worth trying at least once! It's definitely a five star perfume in my opinion, and I give it a thumbs up for sure! :)
07th December, 2015
Supposedly, this was the first of the “clean” scents that later flooded the market. Akin to White Linen, this certainly smells air fresher/soap/laundry sheet clean with subtle hints of lilies, roses, peony and muguet in a nondescript mélange.

As it was the first of its kind, Turin gives it five stars, dubbing it a “snowy floral.”
As to its actual value, one may tip one’s hat to its historical significance, but the scent itself is not outstanding, quite generic to the modern nose actually.

This is one of those “safe” scents, designed for the woman who really is not into scent, but feels she must wear something in order to compete. Unremarkable.
04th December, 2015
Salutation.

An opulent floral bouquet.PLEASURES is a light floral scent that harmonizes well with the essence of all womankind.The perfume is a harmonious symphony and captures you and you don't want to stop spraying it. Chic,Gorgeous,Delicate,Soft,Fresh,Cute, Ladylike,Subtle,Romantic,Heavenly and Clean.

This radiant scent intertwines a floral bouquet peony,freesia and tuberose,followed by a wave of fresh rose,lilac and lily-of-the-valley.The whole is surrounded by sensuous end notes of musk,patchouli and cedar.rain-washed green notes balance the most beautifully true floral essence.

I instantly fell in love with the perfume and it is one of my female favorites by ESTEE LAUDER.The best season for it is SPRING.Perfect for gifting to beautiful ladies with a flare for simple style,who wants something soft,for DAYTIME wear.PLEASURES is for a lady who needs a moment of tenderness.

Sillage?Lovely.

Longevity?Great on my skin.

7.5/10
13th June, 2015
Pleasures is a very beautiful green floral. Although it's not listed in the notes, I get a fresh evergreen note, which reminds me of Christmas wreaths hanging in a florist shop among cut flowers. Lightly applied, Pleasures smells beautifully quiet and fresh scrubbed. Lavish applications bring out a harsh chemical quality. Applying more product won't turn this perfume into Poison or Opium. It's meant to be low key. So spritz lightly, and enjoy Pleasures for what it is; a gentle beauty.
28th April, 2015
Genre: Green Floral

Pleasures is a clean, green abstract floral scent with a sleek form, a polished surface, and a sunny disposition. It fits extremely well into the Estée Lauder lineup, in a space bounded by the starchy rectitude of White Linen, the green elegance of Private Collection, and the crystalline bouquet of Beyond Paradise. If I pay close attention, I can pick out hints of violet leaves, lily, muguet, and rose, but Pleasures is a notably seamless blend of herbaceous and floral notes. Granted there’s something almost anonymous in this homogeneity, but there is also an indisputable poise and balance. While I’m hard pressed to isolate outstanding features, Pleasures is one of those rare scents where everything falls into exactly the right place. Amiable to a fault, Pleasures is not a scent to get excited about, but it is a very easy scent to live with.
23rd June, 2014

Add your review of Pleasures

Shop for Pleasures products online

Shop for Pleasures at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Pleasures

Member images of Pleasures

There are no member images of Pleasures yet. Why not be the first?