Pleasures (1995)

HouseEstée Lauder
PackagingPierre Dinand
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies

About Pleasures

Pleasures is a feminine perfume by Estée Lauder. The scent was launched in 1995 and the bottle was designed by Pierre Dinand

Reviews of Pleasures

Pleasures is a very beautiful green floral. Although it's not listed in the notes, I get a fresh evergreen note, which reminds me of Christmas wreaths hanging in a florist shop among cut flowers. Lightly applied, Pleasures smells beautifully quiet and fresh scrubbed. Lavish applications bring out a harsh chemical quality. Applying more product won't turn this perfume into Poison or Opium. It's meant to be low key. So spritz lightly, and enjoy Pleasures for what it is; a gentle beauty.
28th April, 2015
Genre: Green Floral

Pleasures is a clean, green abstract floral scent with a sleek form, a polished surface, and a sunny disposition. It fits extremely well into the Estée Lauder lineup, in a space bounded by the starchy rectitude of White Linen, the green elegance of Private Collection, and the crystalline bouquet of Beyond Paradise. If I pay close attention, I can pick out hints of violet leaves, lily, muguet, and rose, but Pleasures is a notably seamless blend of herbaceous and floral notes. Granted there’s something almost anonymous in this homogeneity, but there is also an indisputable poise and balance. While I’m hard pressed to isolate outstanding features, Pleasures is one of those rare scents where everything falls into exactly the right place. Amiable to a fault, Pleasures is not a scent to get excited about, but it is a very easy scent to live with.
23rd June, 2014
The opening is pleasant, with lilies, peony and rose impression joining in quite nicely - never very sweet or cloying. I do not get much change in the drydown, but after five hours it turns into a clean, white and soapy scent until the end. A tad predictable. Decent silage and development, with an excellent total longevity of nine hours - hence just scraping into the positive overall score.
21st February, 2014
In the mood for soap?

Pleasures by Estée Lauder falls in a fragrance category I like to call "washing the dishes while wearing a chastity belt." This category is actually has a positive connotation and is not associated with sterility or repressed housewives or whatever. Let me explain: I have several sweet or gourmand perfumes in my collection and once in a while it is great to wear something that washes all of the sticky honey, vanilla, and chocolate away. I just want to smell like I am clean, well scrubbed and ready for wholesome activities. So, of course Pleasure fits the bill with plenty of soapy white floral notes and a steely, musky base. Men should try this fragrance, especially if one enjoys the floral note in Timbuktu (Karo-Karounde) or enjoys a clean, freshly-scrubbed result.

06th October, 2013
I just tried this hot mess again after years of keeping it at the bottom of my stash, and it still does not even come close to working for me. Like another reviewer, I get that bug spray vibe, like citronella on steroids. And don't get me wrong, there's no citrus to it, but it's as if the synthetic florals are turned up to a volume that will put anyone who gets migraines in the hospital. I can't even describe it properly because I get no notes that smell even remotely like anything in nature, and not in a good Gucci-Rush-Willy-Wonka way. I've got a headache from it that feels like a million lemon drops are stabbing me in my sinus cavities.
27th November, 2012
Bug spray. Thats all I get from this mess.
03rd September, 2012

Add your review of Pleasures

Shop for Pleasures products online

Shop for Pleasures at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Pleasures

Member images of Pleasures

There are no member images of Pleasures yet. Why not be the first?