Intuition (2000)

HouseEstée Lauder
PackagingSerge Mansau
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies

About Intuition

Intuition is a feminine perfume by Estée Lauder. The scent was launched in 2000 and the bottle was designed by Serge Mansau

Reviews of Intuition

Genre: Floral Oriental

Intuition’s spiced citrus and light floral top notes steer well clear of the cheap hard candy effect that plagues so many fruity floral scents. I attribute much of the accord’s delightful quality to its abstract nature. Rather than imitate a particular fruit, a cocktail, or a bubblegum flavor, it evokes an unnamed, imaginary fruit, and is all the better for it.

Intuition evolves quickly into a mild, sweet, fruity floral oriental that’s perfectly polite and pleasant to wear, if also nondescript. Both the fruit and the floral bouquet remain abstract – evidence, I imagine, of effective blending. Unfortunately, while attractive and amiable, both are also more bland than I’d like. It’s Intuition’s drydown, though that ultimately lets it down. Intuition is one of those rare fragrances that grows stronger, not weaker, as it dries down, and its base notes center on a soapy rose accord that’s both strident and chemically sour. As the rose’s volume increases it moves from disappointing to outright irritating, so that after three or four hour’s wear Intuition becomes an olfactory nuisance. Lauder has done much better, not least in Pleasures, which shares some of Intuition’s fruity floral content and mild, abstract quality, though in a more purely floral context.
17th June, 2014
Quite feminine and complementary with the male version of the scent. In style, de facto, male and female version are the same and yet the male version is unmistakably masculine, whilst the femme version is unmistakably feminine. This is not for a "from the hood" girl, but for a woman that has some class and is intelligent. Scent itself is quite flowery, slightly backed up by woody notes, very well rounded and refined. There is a certain heaviness about it, but not such that it could not be worn during hotter weather, albeit with very mild application.
25th September, 2012
Bought this on impulse one time. It wasn't bad, just wasn't me. It turned to extreme amber after about a half hour, and nothing about it inspired me to buy another bottle.
03rd September, 2012
I've never really been a fan of Estee Lauder fragrances, I always found them to smell slightly odd to my nose, however Intuition surprised me to say the least.

I really enjoyed the citrusy opening which was refreshing and instantly reminded me of Summer. I just loved the way the lemon, grapefruit and bergamot blended so well together creating a scent that was sweet and lively.

Unfortunately it is scents with these citrusy openings that never blend well with my skin chemistry, and sure enough this beautiful scent turned to rotten grapefruit when I wore it.

Despite the fact that this fragrance and I are not meant to be, I still admire this scent when worn by other people.

The heart of Intuition becomes a soft and somewhat powdery floral blend, which is absolutely gorgeous. The rose note is an absolute standout and it gives this fragrance that classy, feminine touch. I'll also agree with the other reviewers here that sensed a vanilla note in Intuition, it is certainly present for my nose as well, particularly in the drydown.

I actually adore the bottle design of Intuition, which is surprising because I very rarely pay attention to a fragrance's packaging. The oval shaped bottle with the slightly off-centre, abstract cap is clearly something you would take pride in displaying on your dresser.

The lasting strength was great on other people, however on myself, not only did it smell off but it also didn't last. I do urge you not to do a blind purchase on this fragrance because you may end up with the same results as me. Apart from that this fragrance is a crisp, pleasant and casual scent which I highly recommend.

04th June, 2011
My bottle reads "INTUITION Summer In Bloom". It's minty/musky/musty/soapy/very boring. It's been sitting there for 3 years. IDEA - I will use it up as a toilet spray.
28th August, 2010
Sour powder on me. Oh, I was just prompted that this review is too short and I need to make it longer. OK, it's still sour powder on me.
16th June, 2010

Add your review of Intuition

Shop for Intuition products online

Shop for Intuition at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Intuition

Member images of Intuition

There are no member images of Intuition yet. Why not be the first?