Beyond Paradise (2003)

HouseEstée Lauder
PerfumerCalice Asancheyev-Becker
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies

About Beyond Paradise

Encased in a rainbow bottle, this fragrance contains some unusual notes, many of which came from the Eden Project, a plant conservation site in Cornwall, UK.

Reviews of Beyond Paradise

Plastic and potentially poisonous paradox. The main notes that grab at the throat appear to be the artificial orchid and honeysuckle, both of which are deal-breakers for me as they are rarely appealing in a scent. Here they are used in a heavy-handed way in combination with many other artificial-smelling notes. The grapefruit note is especially sour. "Eden Mist Accord"? I shudder to think what chemical concoction that represents. All in all; a dizzying swirl of sweet and sour.

LT doesn't state whether he tested the EDT or the supposedly superior EDP. One can only surmise it was the EDP because the glowing review in 'The Guide' makes no sense otherwise. Why the company has discontinued the EDP and now only offers the inferior EDT is another mystery. Although, apparently the EDP is out there on the Internet. This one (EDT) was a scrubber for me. It's the sort of perfume that gives perfume a bad reputation. Whatever you do, don't wear it to dinner. An appetite killer.
13th April, 2016
I have finished my last bottle of Beyond Paradise perfume extract and I am so disappointed that the perfume extract is no longer available. This is one of those fragrances that the perfume extract soars above the eau de parfum versions.

The perfume extract is a beautifully balanced white floral that drys with a beautiful camphorous mist over the floral bed. This camphorous layer is very hard to detect in the eau de parfum, but firmly present in the perfume extract. I am not sure if camphor is even in the formula, but that clean lift similar to camphor is in the dry down. This is a really special fragrance. It think it just fell between the cracks like Guerlain's wonderful Mahora, another favorite of mine. I hope Estee Lauder brings back the perfume extract version, because the EDP is a shadow of the extract.
20th November, 2015
The top notes start off as a disgusting citrus and floral. The middle notes continue on with rotten florals. Sample before buying.
23rd November, 2014
For me Paradise was yet another age thing. I had a fling with it around the ages of 17-19. It's very powerful and spring like floral that hit you at first and I remember it smelling very alcoholic. I would wear this when I drank vodka, come home and blame it on the perfume. Ha!

About 3 years ago, I was stuck on a Christmas scent to get because I always get a makeup kit and a perfume from my Mom, so I tried to go back to it, sprayed it on Christmas morning and I did not remember it smelling the same because my nose changed so much. I ended up trading that present for one of my sister's.

It is a very nice and light scent ( not longevity wise) but it's more easy going because of the floral scents. Guys like it a lot. It is very easy to spray too much though and then is a little loud. Overall not bad, my nose just prefers different things now.
19th November, 2014
I'm not a great fan of Estee Lauder fragrances anyway, but this is their worst yet.Brash, cheap-smelling sweet, fruity ozone, with nothing to recommend it at all
28th July, 2014 (last edited: 02nd August, 2014)
Genre: Floral

According to Estée Lauder, what lies beyond paradise is a grassy alpine meadow brimming with wildflowers and warmed by a June morning’s sunshine. Unfortunately, this moderately sweet, soft, green-tinted floral scent works so hard at being amiable that it flirts with banality.

After a brief, astringent galbanum and dry herb opening, Beyond Paradise’s green notes are all newly mown grass and fresh hay. This greenery is wed to a gentle white flower accord so abstract and well-blended that this seasoned gardener reads it as anonymous. The indolic facets of the white flowers are under such strict enough control that the only glimmer of warmth beneath Beyond Paradise’s placid surface is a slightly animalic honey note. Beyond Paradise is also largely free of conspicuous aldehydes. Anything more than a hint of the trademark Lauder/White Linen soap-and-powder would have made Beyond Paradise insufferably maudlin, so the restraint exercised in their application deserves special comment.

Beyond Paradise is not a thick, plush, heady floral scent in the vein of Fracas or Joy. Nor is it entirely aligned with the weightless, dew drenched spring florals of Diorissimo or En Passant. Instead, Beyond Paradise appears to occupy a modest, unadventurous, if moderately appealing middle ground among today’s floral fragrances. In short: not unpleasant, but not particularly alluring, either. Lauder did more interesting work in this vein long ago with Aliage and the original Private Collection.
09th June, 2014

Add your review of Beyond Paradise

Shop for Beyond Paradise products online

Shop for Beyond Paradise at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Beyond Paradise

Member images of Beyond Paradise

There are no member images of Beyond Paradise yet. Why not be the first?