White Shoulders (1945)
by Elizabeth Arden (originally by Evyan)

White Shoulders information

Year of Launch1945

HouseElizabeth Arden
Originally byEvyan
Parent CompanyElizabeth Arden Inc
Parent Company at launchElizabeth Arden

About White Shoulders

White Shoulders is a feminine perfume by Elizabeth Arden. The scent was launched in 1945

White Shoulders fragrance notes

Reviews of White Shoulders

This is one of those fragrances where you must buy the perfume rather than the cologne or toilette to appreciate it. Cologne, even after dry down, has a cheap and biting fragrance. The perfume is a different story. After the dry down it turns very soft and feminine.
12th July, 2014
This review is for the original Eau de Cologne by Evyan.

The initial phase is an indolic jasmine & tuberose, very similar IMO to Crabtree & Evelyn's Gardenia; perhaps a touch more powdery. After thirty minutes, it settles into a prettier, but still sultry white floral, & in the heart l detect something like honeysuckle. The base is sweetly animalic, with musk, amber & a little sandalwood. lt's still going softly after nine hours.
A likeable fragrance, not as innocent as it appears, but still a little too "pretty" in the drydown for my personal taste.
04th April, 2014
Always loved this scent because my mother loved it so much. As a token of remembrance of her I wear this especially on her birthday and the anniversary of her death.
16th March, 2014
Have adored this since a teenager in the 1970s. I admit it has an almost grandmotherly scent quality to it, but Ive worn it on and off since about 1972 . It is beautifully feminine ....and as a flower gardener I ESP enjoy it.
I have gardenias and moonflowers in my garden and I cannot ever get enough of that sort of sweet yet fresh scent. And, on me, White Shoulders has staying power.
01st March, 2014
The White Shoulders I remember so well is from the 1970s and 1980s, I do not know if it has been reformulated since. My personal memories are of weddings during that era, the brides always wore this.

What I remember is a lovely, delicate floral with a heart of gardenia and tuberose, but never overwhelming as those fragrances can be. Women of different ages can wear this one, from the youngest preteen to senior citizen.

03rd September, 2012
I have some I bought on clearance in Target. Very flowery and, while I like florals, this doesn't work on me. There is one note that doesn't smell good, haven't figured out what it is. Smells cheap and tarty on me. Sorry.
07th April, 2012

Add your review of White Shoulders

Shop for White Shoulders products online

Search Amazon for White Shoulders

Member images of White Shoulders

There are no member images of White Shoulders yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to White Shoulders