Tigress (1938)
by Fragrances of France (originally by Fabergé)

Tigress information

Year of Launch1938

HouseFragrances of France
Originally byFabergé

About Tigress

Tigress is a feminine perfume by Fragrances of France. The scent was launched in 1938

Reviews of Tigress

rbaker Show all reviews
Review of the Fabergé vintage version:

The opening is a mix of a very subdued citrus background hat is combined with a lovely tonka impression and a floral note, with hints of rose and carnation to name two components that develop. This all is enveloped in a cocoon of sweetish spiciness with elements of pink pepper but without any discernible incense element. This all is given an added twist if a dash of aldehydes, especially at the beginning. The overall impression of this opening is quite unique, and is a delightful mix. Of note, it is never seriously sweet, not is it ever intrusive or cloying.

The drydown develops themes of a smooth amber, that grows over time in richness, and is underlined by hints if a very subtle mossy undertone.

The last five hours see most of the notes fading away apart form the amber and the tonka, that are joined by a light and traditional powdery accompaniment and fade out slowly and graciously.

I get moderate sillage with excellent projection and a sensational fifteen hours of longevity on my skin .

This autumnal, smooth and soft oriental fougère is composed of high-quality ingrendients and incredibly smoothly blended. A splendid fragrance, only the last phases are a bit too linear and a tad too close to my skin. 3.75/5.
08th August, 2016
This is a review of the edc from a bottle released in the late 1960s.

Barbara Herman waxes rhapsodic about it - she calls it a powdery, woody oriental with bergamot, amber, spice, vanilla, moss and incense.

On me and to my nose, it is a pleasant, very soft floral mix with some civet and amber to warm it. It has no sillage nor projection.

Very light, hardly big cat of the jungle. All in all, rather tame.
21st March, 2014
mumsy Show all reviews
Faberge had some really nice frags amongst their range. Tigress was one of them. It had a funny caramelised note, almost boozy in its nature at the front, then sank into a musky animal. This was for naughty girls or good girls being bad. Lots of fun. Like a smutty vanilla. There was a spicy edge too almost like carnations. It wasn't my favourite though.
17th November, 2012
Sometimes you may feel for Canard à l'orange but some other times, fish and chips in an old newspaper will hit the spot! I love rich, complex and sophisticated perfumes but I can also appreciate simpler inexpensive fragrances as well (as long as they are original and not too synthetic, of course). Tigress is one of those cheaper "drugstore fragrances" that can be absolutely wonderful when worn by the right person. I haven't seen Tigress for quite a while and I don't even know whether the original fragrance (the one I loved back in the 70's) is still available but just writing about it makes me want to go and look for it. If I can find it, I shall buy a bottle for old times sake!
07th October, 2012
Didn't like it much in the '60s, and doubt I'd like it at all now. I found it crass, to be honest, and it smelled cheap. Maybe it was partly my 1950s midwestern Methodist upbringing and I just need to get over it, but fragrances that shout, "Look at me, I'm sexy!!!" almost never are to me. When I was given the well-known three-cologne set, I used the other two, gave away the Tigress and kept the cool bottle as a bud vase.
26th October, 2011
Ah Tigress! I got a bottle of this for my 12th birthday, May 1, 1968. Exotic, mysterious, powerful - it was heady stuff for girl that age. To me Tigress embodies that time of raging hormones. Just the name of it sent a surge of warmth and eagerness through me. When I put it on I thought I could conquer the world. I used up that first bottle in no time and was drawn into the world of fragrance when I set out on my bike, babysitting money in hand,in pursuit of another bottle.
13th August, 2011

Add your review of Tigress

Shop for Tigress products online

Shop for Tigress at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Tigress

Member images of Tigress

There are no member images of Tigress yet. Why not be the first?