Straw Hat (1938)

Parent CompanyPallinghurst Resources

About Straw Hat

Straw Hat is a feminine perfume by Fabergé. The scent was launched in 1938

Reviews of Straw Hat

An extremely light woody violet - almost nonexistent on my skin, as are the majority of vintage Faberges for me.

Quite underwhelming.
24th March, 2014
Straw Hat was one of my all time favorite fragrances. Long ago, I found this info on the web. I have no idea if it is accurate or not. I particularly like the strong top note of new mown hay in Straw Hat. I don't see exactly how that is achived in this formula, but maybe someone else can tweek it. Here is what I saved.

Straw Hat:Top notes of lemon, lavandin, and geranium
Middle notes of rose, violet, heliotrope, and patchouli
Bottom notes of vanilla, musk, and sandalwood
22nd May, 2009
ga97 Show all reviews
Slightly powdery,woody, violet. The hay notes could easily make this a unisex scent for today.
07th December, 2007
Straw Hat is a classic vintage cologne by Faberge. I do not know if/how the formula has changed but the version I know if a sweet, bright violet, more like what I imagine violet jam or jelly would be like than the often discussed candied violet note but it is sweet. Add to that a distinct hay note. This is the same hay note I detect in my panama straw hat, more dry, it is perhaps vaugly woody but not a green note. And in the dry down, which does go a bit powdery (in a good way) I smell traces of spice, cinnamon, I think. This is a very yummy scent with decent lasting power for a cologne. I would love to try the modern version, as my bottle was from the mid 60's.
04th November, 2006

Add your review of Straw Hat

Shop for Straw Hat products online

Search Amazon for Straw Hat

Member images of Straw Hat

There are no member images of Straw Hat yet. Why not be the first?