Babe (1977)
by Beauty Brand Development (originally by Fabergé)

Babe information

Year of Launch1977

HouseBeauty Brand Development
Originally byFabergé

About Babe

Babe is a feminine perfume originally by Fabergé. The scent was launched in 1977.

In 2015 the fragrance was relaunched by Beauty Brand Development.

Babe fragrance notes

Reviews of Babe

As Barbara Herman accurately reports, this is a "floral chypre with light florals and raspberry, spice from carnation and amber, and an earthiness from vetiver, sandalwood and oak moss."

It goes on like a wonderful old fashioned chypre from the 1940s (Shocking, Replique), but that sadly evaporates within the first ten minutes, and we are left with just the memory of those honeyed florals, as it dies down to a dry musk without any distinction whatsoever.

This may have been one of those drug store scents, cheaply offered, that had a small concentration of really fine oils and the rest left to alcohol and aldehydes.

A cheat and a dismal failure.
13th August, 2014
I bought this in 1980, when I was 13; it was the perfect teenage fragrance, but I would still ware it now! It brings back very happy memories of fragrance shopping with my mum, when on holiday in Guernsey. We would come back after a morning’s shopping, having tried so many fragrances, that we couldn’t remember which was which, probably explains some of my more unfortunate early purchases, but this was a real favourite; clean, warm, and feminine, I loved it.
24th September, 2012
tanto Show all reviews
There was nothing "ultra" or complex to Babe BUT it was a very pleasing scent. Some of my female friends in school wore it. I found it to be "sexy" in its own way. It was a 70's "turn on" scent for guys to enjoy. Soapy, fresh, and clean !
17th December, 2008
Babe....if only someone could bring you back. I'm in my 40's and I'd be willing to bet that my teenagers would absolutely love Babe. I remember going on a date with a guy in my youth. His friends told me he wouldn't let anyone roll the windows down in his car. He wanted the smell to stay!! With a little updating of the bottle and the right advertising.....I KNOW for a fact this could be the best fragrence on the market....Keep the price down where EVEREY woman or girl could afford it...and Babe....would be in every girls purse. I know I'd stock up!!! Please someone give Babe a chance. I have ideas for commercials that would blow your mind.......
23rd November, 2008
Reminds me of my older sister and my sophisticated aunt. They both wore this one in the late 70's/early 80's. It was a clean, musky, sexy scent, very much of its time and place. Not sure I would enjoy this one now but as a kid, I loved it.
27th August, 2008
Soapy, musky white floral that seemed to last forever on the skin. (Think Charlie with less exuberance and more sexiness.) A favorite with girls when I was in high school, and a favorite of mine even now (when I can still smell it). My aunt had a bottle forever; I think she finally used it up. Pity.
20th August, 2008

Add your review of Babe

Shop for Babe products online

Shop for Babe at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Babe

Member images of Babe

There are no member images of Babe yet. Why not be the first?