Cavale (1979)

HouseFabergé
PackagingPierre Dinand
Parent CompanyPallinghurst Resources

About Cavale

Cavale is a feminine perfume by Fabergé. The scent was launched in 1979 and the bottle was designed by Pierre Dinand

Reviews of Cavale

This seems to be a forgotten fragrance but I will give my opinion anyway.

My wife bought this at a charity store and I have acquired it. I have to agree with the previous reviewer regarding the gender of this fragrance. It is undoubtedly masculine. In fact, this is essentially Quorum in a different bottle, so much so that I have almost convinced myself that someone swapped it and that it is actually Quorum that I have. Alas that would be a very strange and random occurrence so I am sticking with it as Cavale.

Anyway, I wear this splash in the evenings after a shower and shave because I quite like it's fresh, masculine feeling. Definitely a traditional mature fragrance but if you know Quorum you will know this. Quite bizarre!
21st February, 2016
On a high after a couple of successful blind purchases of vintage Fabergés, I decided to take a punt on Cavale. I bought a partial bottle exactly like the one in the photo. If I hadn't seen other pics of this fragrance in parfum form, I'd swear there'd been a mistake in classifying Cavale as feminine. To my nose it smells quite masculine* (or at least unisex). Not to mention the style of the bottle and the name.

I could not find a list of notes for Cavale, so I'll have a go at describing them myself.

Cavale opens with strong lemony notes which remind me of Guerlain's Eau de Fleurs de Cedrat. I can also smell verbena and/or lemongrass. These top notes are soon joined by vetiver, herbs, patchouli and moss. I'm sure there's a floral heart, but I cannot distinguish any particular flowers. I agree with the previous reviewer that Cavale is a chypre.

I was going to give a Thumbs Down because I wouldn't want to wear this fragrance. But the more I smell Cavale, the more I think that it's not such a bad example of the style, and the longevity of those lemony notes is actually quite impressive.

*There are a number of other, somewhat similar, scents marketed as feminine which I think smell distinctly masculine - eg. O de Lancome, Malone's Lime Basil & Mandarin and Choc de Cardin - so please regard my assessment as highly subjective.
30th August, 2011
ga97 Show all reviews
Nice chypre- with a floral opening-but after awhile it mellows out to a nice unisex drydown.
07th December, 2007

Add your review of Cavale

Shop for Cavale products online

Search Amazon for Cavale

Member images of Cavale

There are no member images of Cavale yet. Why not be the first?