Seringa (1992)

Seringa information

Year of Launch1992

PerfumerDouglas Cope

About Seringa

Seringa is a feminine perfume by Floris. The scent was launched in 1992 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Douglas Cope

Reviews of Seringa

rbaker Show all reviews
The opening, and only the opening, has a fresh citrus component in it, but otherwise this is a floral scent. Syringa is indeed present early on, but jasmine and carnation are added in the drydown. A green violet leaf note is present at times. Very pleasant with an original side.

The base adds woodsy components with a bit of musk, and here this product disappoints; the base is too generic and dull. The sillage is moderate, the projection acceptable and the longevity five hours on my skin. A great and well-made floral spring scent let down, alas, by a nondescript base. 2.75/5
25th November, 2015 (last edited: 15th December, 2015)
What an absolutely BEAUTIFUL fragrance for springtime. I still love Paris by YSL for spring, but Floris is equally suitable for that wonderful time of year. I love the delicate scent of the Seringa blossoms, but although the fragrance is delicate with a slight hint lychee, it is strong enough to last all day. I constantly receive comments and compliments whenever I wear this. It is VERY original, smells like no other fragrance out there, and is definitely one of my floral favorites! A+!
01st September, 2015
A green-fresh aldehydic floral scent which almost succeeds in passing off plainness and chemical insubstantiality for "transparency" or "contemporary refinement" or whatever *allure* Floris wanted to give this scent. It is not bad in strict terms, but it smells undoubtedly artificial to many extents, and given that the marketing positioning apparently does not seem to justify it (with, say, some avantgarde, or contemporary, or "post-industrial" kind of concept or imaginary), I guess it may turn into a defect. The scent itself as I said does smell – barely – acceptable-to-nice, with white flowers, aldehydes, green notes, a hint of citrus, carnation, perhaps geranium too, some slightly earthy-mossy notes on the base, a resinous feel of synthetic olibanum: but it all smells quite "mainstream", in this context meaning rushed, generic and artificial. The drydown is even worst, as it basically smell as aldehydic as pale (by the way occurring really quickly). Not worth the price in my opinion.

10th October, 2014
kalli Show all reviews
A dry, airy/musky green floral scent. Like Flora Nymphea by Guerlain without the lightly sweetened honey. Or Angelique Lilas without the angelica or heliotrope. Replace the heliotrope musk and I would say it's close though. Stronger on the musk note. Floral, light, good for spring or summer. Notes that are most prominent would be that of dry, green grass, seringa, musk and a bit of lily coming through. Carnation is light. I don't get any sweet, this is a floral scent, for serious green floral lovers...must also like musky notes as well.
20th February, 2014
I was surprised at my first sniff of this: At one and the same time It seemed very familiar and also very old fashioned (in a not-so-good way). Seringa is a big floral, soapy and a bit green. To my nose the dominant flower presented is lily; the lily is backed up by a slight musty-dusty rose note. I think I get the mock orange (seringa) note, too, but I can’t be sure of that. As a lily fragrance, Seringa is not so very special. The lily that comes across to me is screechy and I suspect the violet leaf note is responsible for the screechiness. Although the rose should help mitigate the screechiness, it doesn’t… The rose doesn’t seem to be integrated with the other notes – especially the lily, and this lack of integration is too bad because this fragrance needs a lower-vibrational warmth in its delivery (I don’t smell the incense, musk, oakmoss, or patchouli which would warm the fragrance if they were there…). The fragrance doesn’t seem to develop much farther from the original big floral attitude of that lily / rose accord… the attitude just softens and gets more powdery. I have searched for a drydown in my several testings of Seringa (Floris provides generous samples), but I haven’t found any… I just get this big, soapy, sortagreen old-fashioned floral… I rather disliked this when I first tested it… Since then, I’ve gotten more used to it and now I feel genuinely neutral about it. …Firm sillage and very good longevity.
06th April, 2011
A one note wonder, and a pretty harsh one at that. If you are going to produce a fragrance with one dominant accord, it should be one that is beguiling and alluring. Sadly, Seringa produces a sharp, astringent note from the outset that lacks subtlety and nuance. It collapsed on me after a few hours, depositing a vague, whisper of sweet powder for me to mutter at for the remaining hours of its life. This was at the back of the queue when Floris were having their better ideas.
06th July, 2009

Add your review of Seringa

Shop for Seringa products online

Shop for Seringa at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Seringa

Member images of Seringa

There are no member images of Seringa yet. Why not be the first?