Beverly Hills (1990)

Beverly Hills information

Year of Launch1990

HouseGale Hayman

About Beverly Hills

Beverly Hills is a feminine perfume by Gale Hayman. The scent was launched in 1990

Reviews of Beverly Hills

Whoa! Civet! The first thing coming at me is civet, quite a surprise… and it’s not just a mild civet – it’s civet on steroids… errr… aldehydes. Of course the civet note dominates all the other notes of the fragrance. I miss out on the citrus opening and have to struggle to smell the spices and florals of the middle: Eventually the middle notes do show up – a very nice floral bouquet where I can’t separate out the individual floral notes. Up until now, I would not have believed that Beverly Hills is an Oriental. It finally shows its half-Oriental character in the base. The base is loaded down with woods and sweets (and, staying strong, the civet) – more woods than sweet. Its strong wooded character is so grounded that it is difficult to separate out the individual notes that compose it.

The marketing claim for this fragrance was that it had been compounded with over 200 natural essences. After smelling and analyzing its, I could see the claim as possibly true, but I do think with all those notes, they didn’t need so much civet. I would like to have been impressed by this fragrance… I enjoy the old powerhouses whether women’s or men’s… but I’m afraid this doesn’t do much for me.

10th December, 2009
i remember launching this frag. in selfridges. (i worked for gale hayman) the top notes are very jasmine,also drier notes of bluebell.however,after the dry down,there is a lot of ginger and dry woods.a lovely fragrance,very under-rated.
23rd August, 2008
It must be my chemistry, but on me Delicious was heady and had a majorly bad jasmine note. I admit that some jasmines don't wear well on me, and this is one of the worst. Very brassy and loud.
02nd April, 2006

Add your review of Beverly Hills

Shop for Beverly Hills products online

Shop for Beverly Hills at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Beverly Hills

Member images of Beverly Hills

There are no member images of Beverly Hills yet. Why not be the first?