Laila (1995)

HouseGeir Ness

About Laila

Laila is a feminine perfume by Geir Ness. The scent was launched in 1995

Reviews of Laila

My first review! I've always loved perfume but am still a beginner in terms of my "fragrance connoisseur-ship". But I am very motivated to give this fragrance a good review so here goes: I had no expectation of Laila, having never heard of it or read any reviews. I was at Epcot and stepped into the gift shop in "Norway" and immediately noticed the most beautiful scent. Heavenly. I was told it is the only fragrance actually made in Norway. It is reminiscent of CK's Escape to be sure - but still different enough that I own both. Laila is lighter and fresher (think mountain air in the spring) than Escape (which I also love). There is a certain...je ne sais quoi...all I can think to say is "Norway accord" in this lovely treasure. Definitely a fruity floral - to my nose a perfect combination of watery notes, melon and Norwegian wildflowers. I don't get watermelon per se, but light fresh juicy watery flowery. And the sillage! Oh the sillage! All I could think walking around Epcot for the rest of the day was how fortunate for those around me....
12th March, 2012
Find this one so different from the other reviewers...strong, strong, strong watermelon opening that last forever and is headache inducing. The drydown is nice but on me it takes hours...not worth the wait. Best part of this one is the lingering smell on clothes the next day. Lasts forever which is wonderful if you like Laila. I do not.
23rd October, 2010
This is a pretty summer scent. I actually discovered this at Epcot (in Norway, of course) and fell in love with it. I don't wear it now, but will pull it out as soon as it warms up.
10th February, 2010
I definitely like this white floral fragrance. My wife fell in love with it when she smelled it and she has a sensitivity to overpowering fragrances. The drydown is great and would recommend this one for anyone looking for a good white floral fragrance.
01st July, 2009
Very clean and pleasant. Smells like someone just stepped out of a refreshing bath plus a fruity element. Not suitable for a man, IMHO.
22nd March, 2009
lex Show all reviews
nice drydown which makes this scent, nothin special for the white florals though
15th March, 2009 (last edited: 12th June, 2009)

Add your review of Laila

Shop for Laila products online

Search Amazon for Laila

Member images of Laila

There are no member images of Laila yet. Why not be the first?