Ferré by Ferré (1991)

HouseGianfranco Ferré
Parent CompanyAngelini > ITF Cosmetics
Parent Company at launchDiana de Silva

About Ferré by Ferré

Ferré by Ferré is a feminine perfume by Gianfranco Ferré. The scent was launched in 1991

Reviews of Ferré by Ferré

Picked this Feminine up because the Diana De Silva house had produced it. Have been looking for the kind of finesse of the Bugatti 1992.
Here we have an intense,startling, Aldehydic top, much like the Chanels. Almost immediately be struck by the remarkable Orange, which steps down to an Orange Blossom
Chalkiness in it's heart. Meet the perfume of Chardonnay for a moment as the aldehydes lose their effervescence and melt away. At that moment notice the impulse to lick it. Sandalwood creaminess blooms for a few seconds and bows to an extraordinary floral bouquet of Carnation, Jasmine and Muguet. A light base of Oakmoss as there is a plushness and Savon reminiscent. A distinctive Powdery finish.
All in all a perfect companion to the Bugatti 1992.
Into my Queen's Wardrobe it goes.
06th September, 2016 (last edited: 08th January, 2017)
I bought this in an airport after the TSA had confiscated my perfume. What a big surprise...Lovely! Smells like a more modern Arpege, with more woodiness. Very elegant, and definitely NOT a unisex scent
22nd August, 2016
I totally agree with VintageVogue - I love this, and when I heard it was discontinued I bought a large bottle. I find it hard to describe perfumes, but this is quite different from most of the modern ones which I particularly dislike. I get favourable comments whenever I wear this.
23rd March, 2012
My understanding is that Ferre by Ferre has been discontinued. That’s a real shame, because this is an artful and avant-garde floral-aldehyde which reminds me quite a bit of Caron’s original Fleurs de Rocaille (1933), only I like this one better. If you’re confused by all the fragrances which bear the Ferre label, you’re likely not alone. Ferre by Ferre is housed in a beautiful gold-capped black boule which comes in a shiny gold box. This is a nice Italian mélange which opens with orange blossom, lemon, bergamot, peach, ylang-ylang, and butterbush. The heart consists of rose, jasmine, orris, mimosa, violet, passion fruit, violet, cassia, lily of the valley, and carnation. The base is of vanilla, cedar, sandalwood, precious spices, amber, vetiver and musk. Ferre by Ferre has good staying power and is perfect for an elegant evening engagement. It’s a complex, multi-layered scent. Cerebral, and not for one who likes the cookie-cutter fragrances which seem to come out daily. For a woman who is not afraid to be different.
10th August, 2005