Armani (1982)

About Armani

Giorgio Armani's original fragrance. Now discontinued

Reviews of Armani

rbaker Show all reviews
Bergamot-aldehydic freshness with a fruity-green undertone, and combined with galbanum - the recipe for the traditional opening of a chypre - and very well executed. Never really spritely fresh though and always a touch of mellowness draped over the top notes, like a shade over a sunny meadow.

The drydown brings out the floral side, with tuberose and other white florals present. Soon, after a phase where an orris accord develops, the main player on the second half boldly arises: an almighty oakmoss of astounding natural beauty, with touches of skankiness courtesy of a musk sidekick, and, towards the end, with a hint of vanilla-based sweetness. In all this, the oakmoss is the solist accompanied by the olfactory orchestra constituted by the other notes.

I get moderate sillage, excellent projection, and a stupendous longevity of an amazing fourteen hours on my skin.

A wonderful autumnal beauty for warmer days, this classic chypre creation is characterised by the top quality of its natural ingredients. Whilst a bit attenuated and maybe a tad dull-ish at times - this is a vintage after all - it is blended masterfully and convincingly. 4/5
21st April, 2017
This is for the EDT 1992-1995 Vintage.
Typical Cosmair superb blending.
Ingredient rich, smooth Feminine Chypre.
It has the Classic,Cool,Casual elegance of an Armani suit. The feel is silkier than that of Armani Eau Pour Homme, but follows the same path of finesse.
Mild Aldehydic opening with a whisper orange and a touch of Spearmint/Galbanum to cool, reminds me of Hermes Orange Vert Concentre for a moment. A floral bouquet with light indoles has non-cloy, as Bergamot weaves into the fabric of the exceptional Oakmoss/Sandal billow. Drydown is similar to Givenchy lll and closer to the sweetness of Jubilation 25.
Dare say the Parfum was all Feminine. Mixed with the skin scent of a woman would have me ravenous.

The EDT is Unisex enough for those of us who know and are comfortably Masculine.
Lovely stuff and recommended!
31st August, 2016 (last edited: 08th January, 2017)
This was the first perfume I ever bought... I remember the bottle was expensive and, well, I loved the fragrance so much that I barely used it (I know, makes no sense). I still have 1/4 of the bottle in my cabinet. It's precious stuff ! Still smells wonderful............
13th June, 2011
Truffles Show all reviews
This was gorgeous. Grassy and fresh, I always felt there was an orange-type note in there although it's not listed as far as I can see. I found it especially nice when worn on a cold day, when a crisp waft could be detected when air hit skin. Bring it back!!!!
16th May, 2009

Add your review of Armani

Shop for Armani products online

Shop for Armani at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Armani