Giò (1992)

Giò is a feminine perfume by Giorgio Armani. The scent was launched in 1992

Giò fragrance notes

Reviews of Giò

rbaker Show all reviews
An sensually glowing orangey citrus with hints of bergamot mingles with a rich and creamy jasmine - this is a lovely gentle but dense opening mix - not very bright but like dimmed light instead - the bergamot is very subtle here.

The middle notes added in the drydown are mainly iris and a medium-darkish rose - this composition's heart is very much a floral heart, which is not very complex, but complex enough to enjoy is without being bored. Later on whiffs of ylang-ylang come and go and add another floral aspect to this potpourri.

The base adds a nice, creamy and soft vanilla, whose woodsy undertones are discreet in he backgound.

I get moderate sillage, excellent projection and an impressive ten hours of longevity on my skin.

This spring evening scent is of a rich elegance, and, although a but linear at times and not particularly innovative, it so smooth and well blended that the end result is quite convincing. 3.5/5.
04th April, 2017
Gio and I had really good time hanging out together in the mid 90s. An extremely heady multifloral with a nice little kick of something exotic, like licorice? Yes, you definitely get the honey, also. The perfume version was absolute heaven on earth.

I feel this is Armani's finest.
05th March, 2017
Has a great David Lynch commercial, but it's in the Crystal Light Nutrasweet fruity floral early 90s style of Eternity, Tresor, Liz Claiborne, and Amarige. There were so many of these.
02nd October, 2015
The most exquisite floral ever!

GIò is an extraordinary and rare beauty. A burst of peach nectar, gardenias and sweet cloves blended to perfection. Extremely sensual and classy. My favorite vintage of all time. It's unique! It's timeless!

26th May, 2013
I actually miss this one. Very brassy and floral. I hated it when I was first spritzed in the department store (quite against my will, and not something that I would ever consider buying at first smell - very NOT my type of scent). As the day wore on however, it really started to grow on me. It smelled like a good version of those Estee Lauder scents. I actually went back and bought a bottle. I wish they still made it.
22nd May, 2012
Giorgio Armani Gio' is a wonderful floral-oriental which smells about silence, chandeliers, draperies, elusive dames, cozy intellectual ambiences and romantic dinners. An hesperidic opening (a touch of glorious bergamot and orange), a changeful and sophisticated floral central chord (it's an iris-jasmine prominent accord to me) over an honeyed and woody-mossy chypre base. Very romantic and mysterious to me, somewhat decandent and moody. Extremely sophisticated and obscure as an unknown woman wolking away as an elusive shade in the night. A retro fragrance somewhat hard to find nowadays.
16th April, 2012 (last edited: 23rd April, 2016)

Add your review of Giò