Sensi (2002)

HouseGiorgio Armani
PerfumerAlberto Morillas
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > Prestige & Collections

About Sensi

Sensi is a feminine perfume by Giorgio Armani. The scent was launched in 2002 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Alberto Morillas

Sensi fragrance notes

Reviews of Sensi

I am usually not that into the “discontinued hype”, often I find that discontinued scents well sought-after by collectors at high prices aren’t really that special. So I don’t really want to sound enthusiastic just because this is a rare fragrance, but... Jesus! Sensi is great. Plain great. I’d say it’s even perfect in its own way; it’s not mind-blowing, as it’s a very refined, sort of discreetly “academic” and somehow mannered (maybe too much) white floral-woody blend, but it’s just impeccable on every aspect. One of those fragrances which I could really see well working as a lifetime signature. Depending on you and on circumstances it can be luscious and sultry as much as perfectly clean, laid-back, youthful and lively.

The balance of the diverse nuances is just amazing: fresh, deep, powdery, sweet yet not a “gourmand” thing, rather a very crisp, mature, “satin” blend of clean, fascinating white-almondy notes. It’s a very simple blend actually: a gentle, top quality, classy cascade of “whiteness” in its most pleasant, bracing nuances – jasmine-driven whiteness, “sweet” nutty whiteness, even woody-resinous whiteness thanks to some very clean, smooth cedar-benzoin base notes, all topped with a beam of zesty citrus just to keep it fresh enough. At the very core of the scent lies a brilliant sort of fruity-rose heart which is very subtle, very natural, like a tiny pulsating heart giving life to the breezy, uplifting, sophisticated natural brightness of the scent. The drydown is a mellow shimmering modulation of nuances which as time goes by, gain some sort of slightly creamy “sun tan” texture, adding a whiff of floral-scented milk, together with some warmer and stronger presence of woods. I also sense quite a recognizable earthy-talc hint of orris root, although it isn’t listed in the composition.

That’s it, and it’s heavenly. Nothing more to say, not a single flaw to mention. Tremendously classy yet completely versatile. A smooth gem to spray liberally and smell gorgeous anytime, anywhere. This is how perfumes should be made, it exudes skills, confidence, quality, and wearability. Maybe not “creativity”, and to this extent I agree with Luca Turin review stating it’s not exactly an “inspiring” scent, but who cares! This is the quintessence of a classy, outstanding quality workhorse. A perfect signature, as I wrote above. All in all, in a world with so many people paying the same money for pathetic garbage (I’m looking at you, niche), Sensi is probably still worthy the collectors’ prices (well, the lower ones).

8-8,5/10
16th December, 2015
Salutation.

Hi.

It was A Magical Moment with SENSI when I tried it.A Sophisticated scent for Ladies who are not afraid of show their Emotion. Oriental but not Too overpowering Like the most of orientals. Chic,Exquisite,Glamorous, Creamy,Sweet,Feminine,Romantic and Elegant.

The composition is built of a perfect harmony.It is Strong and Fresh with Lime in the Top notes Then quickly reveals it is a Sweet feminine Scent But Not Too Sweet by heart notes. final notes of Powdery Warmth radiate from the Skin for hours on End That is Simply Bewitching and a Great Affection on skin. I Love the Sweet and Powdery notes in it.

Bravo ARMANI for This showing that oriental can be Fresh at the same time.SENSI is Suitable for Most Seasons Especially SPRING/AUTUMN Evenings. Ideal for a Dude Especially if she is Between 25/35 Years old.It makes You feel Feminine and Confidant. Actually Appropriate for a Beautiful Romantic Lady as In my opinion It is Reminiscent of Warmth ROMANTIC Moments.

Sillage?Lovely.

Longevity?Good on my skin.

7.25/10
16th December, 2014
rbaker Show all reviews
Lime and jasmine form an initial friendship, later buttressed by sweet, very sweet fruitiness. Synthetic, bland overall. Lasts two hours on my skin.
23rd November, 2013
Laylah Show all reviews
Lovely, classic but fresh. I always get compliments and have worn it off and on for years. Not at all too much or too old, but still old school LBD of a perfume.
29th January, 2013
The first time I tested Sensi I got an awful shock because what I got was an acidic, oily, putrid smelling concoction on my wrist. However after scrubbing it off vigorously in the ladies room, I tried another tester bottle and much to my relief, this tester bottle was not off.

The real Sensi, while still fresh, is delightfully elegant, slightly powdery and clean smelling. The scent is heavy enough to be worn in the colder months, however if applied with a light hand, Sensi could be worn well in Spring.

This perfume is simply lovely. Although not very unique, I like Sensi's simplistic scent. However I will agree with Annehke that for all the unique and interesting notes listed, the overall product does slightly disappoint. I was expecting Sensi to smell unlike anything I'd ever tried before.

I do however get the jasmine, almond and vanilla notes which together make a delightful mixture. Like all Armani scents, this fragrance is certainly sophisticated and elegant. I can see this scent suiting almost every occasion, whether it be casual or formal.

I recommend Sensi to lovers of creamy, powdery and classic scents like Allure by Chanel and D&G by Dolce & Gabbana, to name a few.

04th June, 2011
One of my favorite perfumes. It has everything! It is creamy, soft, sensual and in the same time makes me feel good and protected.
26th December, 2009

Add your review of Sensi

Shop for Sensi products online

Shop for Sensi at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Sensi

Member images of Sensi

There are no member images of Sensi yet. Why not be the first?