Giorgio (1981)

HouseGiorgio Beverly Hills
Parent CompanyRevlon Inc > Elizabeth Arden Inc
Parent Company at launchGiorgio Beverly Hills

About Giorgio

In 1979 it was decided that Giorgio Beverly Hills should have a signature fragrance and, after two years in development, Giorgio was born in November '81. The perfume was kept exclusive to the boutique's clients, but consumer demand was huge. In May 1983 the fragrance was advertised in Vogue with a scent strip - a marketing device not used before. The response was huge and orders came flooding in.  Although out of favour now, Giorgio led the way for the strong, sweet, "don't mess with me" scents of the eighties.

Reviews of Giorgio

I have vintage sample. I remember when this came out. Everyone, I mean everyone wore it. Too much of it, too.

My sample is vibrant but more mellow than I remember from years past. The florals of tuberose, gardenia, ylang ylang, jasmine, orange blossom, and rose are all intact. Very bold. I get a hint of green which may be the chamomile or oakmoss. The amber and musk are enhanced by vanilla. The patchouli is sweetened by something - I can't put my finger on it. It may be fruit.

Overall I am glad I found a vintage sample. Honestly, I never owned a full bottle of this back in the day. I only had a sample. I gave it away because I couldn't stomach wearing something that every other woman was drowning in.
14th July, 2018
I remember my mother wearing it. It was just smelling like perfume, generic perfume, to my kid's nose back then. Now I remember a dry, musky floral and I'm curious of smelling it again.
22nd February, 2018
I normally love big ostentatious perfumes from the 80s - couldn't remember what this one smelled like, but it seemed like a pretty safe blind buy when I came across a massively discounted bottle of EDT. Oh, my. I really do see why some restaurants prohibited patrons from wearing it, it is a cloying melange of florals and pervasive as all get-out. It doesn't yield to soap and water without a fight, either. Stand back!
28th November, 2015
Everything but the kitchen sink (florals). The kicker being massive ylang-ylang and gardenia heightened with sandalwood and vanilla, also overloaded. Big hair and shoulder pads are a must. Famous for making small spaces intolerable. Perfumes like this give perfume a bad reputation.
22nd October, 2015
The opening bergamot and the floral heart is nice, but it would be better if the floral notes and base notes aren't too heavy. Didn't get any patchouli though.
19th June, 2015
This is a linear version of Piguet's classic tuberose/peach Fracas.

The effect is that of vanilla and melon, drying down to a very light, dry tweed.

It was a very loud scent and permeated the perfume world, due to excellent marketing. Another of the female powerhouse scents of the 1980s, along with Poison.

It is for me a pleasant scent, in small doses, but nothing great.

Top notes: Bergamot, Mandarin, Galbanum, Tuberose
Heart notes: Orchid, Jasmine, Rose, Carnation, Ylang, Orris, Muguet, Hyacinth, Gardenia, Neroli, Patchouli, Chamomile
Base notes: Sandalwood, Cedarwood, Musk, Moss, Amber, Vanilla
31st October, 2014

Add your review of Giorgio

Shop for Giorgio products online

Oops! Unable to talk to eBay. Let us know if this problem persists

Member images of Giorgio