Shop for Red products online

Reviews of Red

Showing 1 to 6 of 17 reviews.

scentgent's avatar
    scentgent

Not Vintage, but Not Bad Either

Great scent for the buck. Pepper bomb that dries down into a soapy clean smell. The original had more to it. But beggars cant be choosers, and this still gets compliments. Just not the experience it once was.

Pros: Long Lasting, Great scent, Clean
    Cons: Reformulated all to hell"

22 October, 2013

DebbiePope54's avatar
    DebbiePope54

This is a review of the current Red, not the delicious scent that was SO popular in the early 80's. After the initial eye burning blast it dries down to a mixture of Tide, generic fabric softener sheets, and some kind of strong smelling bath soap. I remember Red in the early 90's having a warm, fruity smell that projected well & lasted for hours. Don't expect this now. I wouldn't WANT this reformulated Red lasting for hours!! I couldn't scrub it off my arm fast enough.

04 October, 2012

Cricketkitty's avatar
    Cricketkitty

I wore this in a really good period in my life, so I associate it with good times and it makes me appreciate it more. I feel this is a warm floriential, reminds me of Samsara, without as much complication and high price tag. I am basing this on the fragrance I wore around 1991, I haven't smelled the reformulated version. I may have to give this another try.

ADDENDUM: I tried the new version of it at a local TJ Maxx and this has turned into an absolutely revolting fragrance. Has a sharp chemical burn like aerosol hairspray, nothing at all like the fragrance I wore in 1991. This fragrance has been totally ruined.

07 September, 2012 (Last Edited: 19 January, 2013)

Leilahdancer's avatar
    Leilahdancer

I love the top notes on this: crisp, spicy floral and fruit. Once that calms down, the middle is a little overblown, fruity floral. Like a teenager's scent. But I really enjoy the warm, spicy, musky drydown.

I'm glad it's not expensive, as I wouldn't want to pay a lot for it. But I wouldn't mind owning a bottle, at all.

Sillage and longevity were spot on.

07 September, 2011

Red Theodora's avatar
    Red Theodora

When Red first came out I absolutely adored it. Mitsouko is my number one most favorite fragrance, so it's hard for me to pass up a chypre when I smell one. The more resent Red is more sweet and fruity. If you smell really hard you can still get a little chypre air out of it, but not much! I will miss you, Red!

15 May, 2011

Sugandaraja's avatar
    Sugandaraja

Ack! Starts out a rather intriguingly rich and slightly fruity-floral, but a few minutes after application it warps into a foul detergent smell I just couldn't wait to wash off. Worse than cheap.

15 September, 2009