Organza (1996)
    by Givenchy

Shop for Organza products online

Reviews of Organza

Showing 1 to 6 of 34 reviews.

Cricketkitty's avatar
    Cricketkitty

I so looked forward to trying this with so many positive ratings, and I was a bit disappointed when I did. All I got start to finish is vanilla.

05 September, 2012

Darvant's avatar
    Darvant

Obviously Organza is a beautiful classic and autoritative fragrance, warm of woods and vanilla and sensual of edible spices (nutmeg and may be clove), fruits as may be orange and white flowers (more tuberose and jasmine with a touch of gardenia) but i've always found it a bit too fat. It tends to exalt the smell of the feminine skin and sometimes with Organza under nose it seems you are inhaling the whiff of a womanly sweated body after sex, is like breathing on the skin of a woman the smell of the " decomposition" of unguents and parfumed creams under the attacks of the heat and the sweat. The problem is , at least in my case, that when i smell this fragrance on a fashinating, bright and dry of skin woman i feel the smell attractive while in the other cases it's  like inhaling something too oily, mellow or festering (overall in the cases-too common-of very oily and fat feminine skin). Anyway, if Carnal Flower and Tuberose Criminelle are like a twist on the wild, fruity, edible, woodsy-camphoraceous and natural side of Tuberose and white flowers, Organza is a cross on the creamy and vanillic-ambery side of a white flowers based composition with may be some support of civet and synthetic animal notes in the blend. The longevity with the projection are very impressive, the work of the too fluid and dense smell on humid climates is not recomended, at least by me. The final almost gummy, damp, slightly synthetic and unradiant exhalation by Organza could in my opinion break the hearts or on the contrary make it a bit common and intrusive. At each of us its choice.

10th November, 2011 (Last Edited: 11th February, 2013)

Leilahdancer's avatar
    Leilahdancer

The opening is almost sharp, it's so citrus/floral/spice. I find it very fun as well as difficult to describe.

The heart reads as spicy/woodsy floral, I don't pick up the fruitiness at all.

The amber really comes to the front in the drydown, but it is present throughout. The spices are always there, and I think that is what makes me like it so much.

The sillage is great, noticeable but not intrusive. The longevity is good too.

I bought a bottle and am really enjoying this!

03 October, 2011

teardrop's avatar
    teardrop
    England England

l tried this only recently, & bought a bottle just a couple of weeks later, because it is just the kind of ambery floral that l like. lt holds a position in my wardrobe right next to YSL's Cinema, in the way that it feels both classy & comforting, & fits those evenings that are neither too warm for an amber, nor too cold for a floral.
    l get honeysuckle in the opening, a note l love, followed by jasmine, & something creamy, nutty & woody, perhaps the nutmeg. The amber becomes detectable after about 15 minutes, & after 90 minutes there's a soft, warm vanilla. lt projects well for 2 hours or so, after which it settles closer to the skin, but the lasting power is good.
    There are moments when this reminds me of both Allure, (my BF loves Allure, & pronounced this one "quite nice", which is a major compliment from him!) & a softer Alien (at the point where the amber joins with the jasmine).
    Overall a very attractive fragrance, in a beautiful, Greek goddess-like bottle!

03 July, 2011

blood-orange's avatar
    blood-orange

I liked Organza at first. Initially it was quite sweet yet spicy at the same time. The combination was something that I really enjoyed.

The opening was a delicate mix of sugary white florals, spicy nutmeg and zesty bergamot. I loved the richness of Organza, it was elegant and sophisticated.

I enjoyed the scent even into the heart which was mostly soft, pretty florals; honeysuckle, tuberose, jasmine, peony and iris. However, the drydown became nauseating to me.

Perhaps it was the vanilla note which was too syrupy and sweet for my liking. Although Organza is sweet in the beginning, the sweetness became strong and unbearable in the base notes. The woodsy notes just weren't bold enough to balance out the sweetness, so I was left with a sticky concoction on my wrist. I was not pleased at all.

It was such a pity, seeming that I had loved Organza right up until that point. However, looking at some of the reviews here, most people enjoyed this fragrance, so I'll conclude that it is just my own personal taste which turns me against this scent.

15 June, 2011

Shifty Bat's avatar
    Shifty Bat

A fine balancing act, this. Fitting together the puzzle pieces of creamy, nutty, woody, sweet, and citric must have been quite a task. It's like selecting just the right palette for a landscape - Too much of one tone might skew the intent, change the season, the style. If we were to play 'word association' and you were to say, 'nutmeg,' I would rarely reply, 'elegant.'

09 March, 2011