Organza Indécence (1999)

Based on 197 ratings

Organza Indécence Fragrance notes

Cinnamon, Jacara Wood, Patchouli, Musk, Amber

Organza Indécence information

A non-floral scent with notes of Cinnamon, Jacara Wood, Patchouli, Musk and Amber.

Shop for Organza Indécence products online

Reviews of Organza Indécence

Showing 1 to 6 of 37 reviews.

Way Off Scenter's avatar

Genre: Floral Oriental

Organza Indécence opens on an intensely boozy cassis top note that has me in mind of a purple berry cordial. The rose note that wells up alongside it is itself redolent of plummy liqueur, so the after dinner drink sensation remain fixed well into the scent’s development.

Sweet spices, rich stewed fruit, rose, heady patchouli, and vanillic amber dominate the composition, and if I had to encapsulate Organza Indécence’s style in a few words I’d call it an rose-centered gourmand oriental. In both its sweet density and its reliance on cassis, vanilla, and patchouli, Organza Indécence clearly derives from Angel. It is a darker, woodier composition, and its emphasis on rose renders it sufficiently distinct from the ur-gourmand to warrant interest. The composition stays its linear course for several hours before drifting off into a woods and patchouli drydown. The late stages are the least convincing to my nose, since they expose an abrasively chemical wood reconstruction that could have strayed in from a banal mass market masculine. A disappointment, but not enough to vitiate the pleasures that precede it.

With all that rose, patchouli, and amber, and with Angel in its genealogy, Organza Indécence is no lightweight. Sillage is substantial, and the scent has the capacity to fill a room if applied with any generosity. Applied lightly enough, I can even imagine it as a passable masculine – particularly in light of its woody base notes.

22 June, 2014

Lesliet's avatar

I too am sad that Oi has been reformulated! I don't know why they even bother!! Yes the vanilla is missing, which is what I liked the most. It had a warm soothing scent, that lingered on me all day. A spicy, exotic vanilla, and now its gone and replaced by citrus notes, like really did they think we would be ok with this??? And all these ppl searching for a replacement, me including... have realized that nothing comes close to the original.. except in a ironic way, unfortunately the new version. Plain, uninspired bottle too!! Its really sad and pathetic that soo many ppl enjoyed that fragrance and Givenchy yanked it away. By the way, if you live in Canada, go visit your Bowring store. They have a potpouri called Iced Patchouli, that totally smells like OI, I did a double take!!! And of course bought it, maybe its the patchouli I'm attracted to? If you love that perfume then try this potpouri!!! Comes in diffuser too thats what i bought. If anyone has any suggestions with a good replacement of OI let me know.

29 November, 2013

AromaOfTacoma's avatar

This short review is for the vintage organza indecence, not the new formula;

I LOVE this fragrance! It is the sexiest, seductive and downright smouldering perfume I own! The vanilla in its base is too die for! creamy and decadent without being too sickingly sweet; This perfume is Man Bait lol! Men will follow you around like dogs when you wear this... My husband adores this perfume on me and I only wear it when I want to feel sexy and feminine. I am anxious to try the re-formulated version. I was so upset when Givenchy discontinued this marvelous gem, and I payed a small fortune on Ebay the two times I purchased a vintage bottle. From what I have been reading online, the vintage is best, but that's the case in lots of perfumes...

I own and wear the original Organza as well, but in my opinion, Indecence is the sexier, more slutty version :P

25 March, 2013

Cyn's avatar

Way to much vanilla! I smells exactly like creme brulee. I prefer to eat my desserts, rather than wear them.

01st December, 2012

Leilahdancer's avatar

Like vanilla, it's nice. Nothing exceptional on me, however. I get a hint of spice, but not for long. And as mentioned already, sillage and logevity are minimal for me.

I actually prefer original Organza. Now that smells happy!

12 June, 2012

xntric26's avatar

As much as I really,really, really wanted to love this perfume, I have to say that all I smell is vanilla. On me it smells just like vanilla extract. It's been on for four hours and it's still...just vanilla. I'm impatiently waiting for the spice!

Based on the positive reviews here and a review outside of basenotes that said "...it's what I imagine the inner thigh of a woman smells like..." I bought a sample of this on ebay (that very moment). I was certain my husband would be smitten with me when I wore it. He hasn't said a word. My 10 year old daughter told me I smell like candy...great. (Actually that's a compliment coming from her.)

Nice sweet vanilla fragrance just not a nice mix with my chemistry. Too bad.

22 March, 2012

STARTING BID
    Givenchy ORGANZA INDECENCE & ORGANZA Mini Perfumes LOT
    • Time Left: 3 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    ORGANZA INDECENCE BY GIVENCHY FOR WOMEN 3.3/3.4 OZ.EDP SPRAY SEALED (SKU:1489)
    • Time Left: 27 days
    Givenchy Organza Indecence mini
    • Listing Type: Auction
    • 3 Bid(s)
    • Time Left: 2 days
    HIGHEST BID
    (Shipping from United States)
    GIVENCHY Mini Set for woman 3 Pcs ( Organza + Organza Indecence + Amariage)
    • Time Left: 27 days