Alix (1982)

Parent Company at launchBritish-American Tobacco > British-American Cosmetics

About Alix

Alix is a feminine perfume by Grès. The scent was launched in 1982

Reviews of Alix

I found one of those pre-pressurized bottles from the 1980's, and I think the contents were in pretty good condition. Anyway, it still smelled great!

After the initial green blast and similarities to Cabochard subsided, what remained was a bold, soapy and somewhat spicy floral. Actually, I was mislead a bit by the first few minutes, which I liked a lot... but the drydown was very different.

Although Palomar54 felt Alix Gres was a fruity floral, that style tends to be so overtly fruity nowadays, some vintage fragrance hounds might inadvertently be mislead. But make no mistake... the wrap-up like Ivoire with hints of Opium. I am tempted to say Krizia's Teatro Alla Scala, but sadly I don't have a reference good sample to compare.

But you get the picture. This is a big fragrance of the old school style.
31st October, 2013
A light fruity floral somewhat similar to Carven's Guirlandes, another perfume introduced in 1982. The top has a bit of appealing greenness, but eventually the dry smoky basenotes reminded me too much of Cabochard, which is not one of my favorites, despite its classic status!
29th October, 2005

Add your review of Alix

Shop for Alix products online

Search Amazon for Alix

Member images of Alix

There are no member images of Alix yet. Why not be the first?