Eau de Gucci (1982)

HouseGucci
PerfumerMichel Almairac
Parent Company at launchMennen > Scannon

About Eau de Gucci

Eau de Gucci is a feminine perfume by Gucci. The scent was launched in 1982 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Michel Almairac

Reviews of Eau de Gucci

There seems to be a disconnect here. Barbara Herman reviews an Eau de Gucci from 1993, not from 1982. This is the one I am discussing here and it is decidedly different from what the above reviewers note.

This is a green, fruity floral, similar to Lauren's delightful Safari of 1990. As Herman describes, "delicately sweet," and decidedly feminine.

Top: Galbanum, Lemon, Hyacinth
Middle: Jasmine, Muguet, Rose, Ylang Ylang, Orris, Tuberose
Base: Cedar, Sandalwood Oak Moss, Musk, Amber

There would seem to have been two "Eau de Gucci" but the second has not been recognized by Basenotes.

Recommended for the young lady of between 18 and 26.
25th June, 2014
mumsy Show all reviews
I love this. I agree that it smells really, really familiar, like an auntie smell of long ago. It has that comforting feminine smell of a confident grown up woman who is happy in herself without being brash. The lilac sings, gently lifting over the powdery floral base then the sandalwood settles down to hum quietly all day. I would choose this when I couldn't choose.
23rd September, 2011
To my nose this is a classic tangy floral, a variation on the original Gucci No 1 , which is discontinued and HTF .
The notes include tangerine, lilac, jasmine, violet, sandalwood, vetiver and vanilla .
Soft , very approprite for a sunny spring day !
01st May, 2011
Do not like! An opening of well-blended but very insistent flowers -- no discernible notes, just a floral melange and a little lemon. Quickly gives way to honey scent with a distinctly urinous edge. This is the part where I start to feel guilty for inflicting this scent on people around me. A few hours later, starts to smell strongly like maple syrup, the cheaper kind, then joined by an ugly musk.

I dislike this so much, and yet it smells so familiar, I almost suspect I have previous unpleasant associations with it. It came out when I was a baby. Perhaps it was a favorite of someone I didn't like very much. Anyway, I'll be swapping my mini away as fast as possible!
19th October, 2010
A very soft, gentle, yummy and so slightly honeyed skin scent. Perfect when you just want to smell beautiful in an unobtrusvie way. Sillage is almost nonesistent, very inoffensive.
11th January, 2009
numbr9 Show all reviews
Very soft, powdery & feminine. I wear this when I just want to smell girly & unobtrusive.
14th September, 2006

Add your review of Eau de Gucci

Shop for Eau de Gucci products online

Search Amazon for Eau de Gucci

Member images of Eau de Gucci

There are no member images of Eau de Gucci yet. Why not be the first?