Rush (1999)

PerfumerMichel Almairac
PackagingTom Ford
Parent Company at launchWella > Cosmopolitan Cosmetics

About Rush

Tom Ford says this isn't a fragrance for the shy or meek.
The bottle, which houses this oriental scent, is a plastic red block.

Reviews of Rush

I admittedly did a blind buy purchase of Rush. It's loud and just goes to show you that everyone wears perfume differently. On me, I just love the scent of Rush. It's not an everyday scent for me and one I'm more apt to wear at night when my office-friendly scent has gone out to pasture.

The packaging looks cheap and chintzy, but that lend to the appeal for me. At the price point, what do you have to lose?
22nd February, 2019
Love this. It's one the review sites pointed me towards as a scent marketed toward women that quite a few men enjoy wearing. Listed as a Chypre Fruity it leans more floral than fruity to me although the peach note is fairly prominent, I just can't tell where the fruit/floral border is.
I really like the combination of these very juicy, sweetish notes with dryer, earthy patch and vetiver - it creates quite a heady brew. As a novice I lack the language to describe notes so bear with me - I struggle with lily-of-the-valley, which is not in this but is the closest I can use to describe the resulting mixture of notes in Rush (I think tuberose does this kind of thing too?). It is, to my nose, a deep, pungent, almost savoury tone that's common in a lot of classic white floral 'fumes like Chanel No. 5 (which shares a lot of notes with Rush)or others that some dismissively and insultingly describe as 'Old Lady'.
Anyway, I'm enjoying this. The general 'cloud' of it is pleasant, but when I sniff it specifically, I can detect the strains of flowers over the underlying peach vibe. The initial post-spray blast is pretty potent but quickly shifts to the fruit/patch affair described that lasts and lasts on my skin
Definitely unisex IMHO.
27th January, 2019
Quite bitter and aromatic. Green floral. Moderate sillage and longevity. Could be unisex. Not bad, but not impressive.
23rd April, 2018
Rich floral.
Patchouli and mildly spice-laden.
Aromatic middle voice.
Touch of fruit.

A good retro-style perfume. It reminds me of wandering around a shopping mall near the holidays. Strolling by store after store where all the aromas and various musical selections all mingle together. That's what I envision when I close my eyes, while wearing Rush.
08th October, 2017
I was somewhat hesitant to try this, given the reviews here. Just goes to show you that body chemistry is everything and you never know until you try. Wow. Say what you will, but on me it's .........

Smoldering. Heady. Intoxicating. Exquisite.

11th September, 2017 (last edited: 12th September, 2017)
rbaker Show all reviews
A strong, fairly loud and evocative floral burst hits my nose immediately when it hits my skin: gardenia, freesia, hints of hyacinth and a slightly spicy coniander-based undertone - it tries really hard to get my attention.

The base is quite straightforward: a jasmine - the run-of-the-mill type joins up with a somewhat anaemic rose impression, pushing aside the white floral components of the top notes.

The base is characterised by the addition of a soft patchouli note, which has a sweetish undercurrent attached to it, and a very restrained vanilla; both fade out slowly towards the end.

I get moderate sillage, good projection and seven hours of longevity on my skin.

This spring scent is a chemical mix, escaped from the laboratory and a harbinger of the synthetic-sweetish soups dominating the Gucci menu these days - although it is probably a touch better than the rest of them. Rush is so generic that I am not in a Rush to buy it. At least the red bottle is hard to misplace, even in a big tote or bag. 1.75/5.
14th April, 2017

Add your review of Rush

Shop for Rush products online

Shop for Rush at online perfumeries

GUCCI RUSH 2 EDT 1.0 OZ FOR WOMEN (NEW) SEALED