Rush (1999)

PerfumerMichel Almairac
PackagingTom Ford
Parent Company at launchWella > Cosmopolitan Cosmetics

About Rush

Tom Ford says this isn't a fragrance for the shy or meek.
The bottle, which houses this oriental scent, is a plastic red block.

Reviews of Rush

Rich floral.
Patchouli and mildly spice-laden.
Aromatic middle voice.
Touch of fruit.

A good retro-style perfume. It reminds me of wandering around a shopping mall near the holidays. Strolling by store after store where all the aromas and various musical selections all mingle together. That's what I envision when I close my eyes, while wearing Rush.
08th October, 2017
I was somewhat hesitant to try this, given the reviews here. Just goes to show you that body chemistry is everything and you never know until you try. Wow. Say what you will, but on me it's .........

Smoldering. Heady. Intoxicating. Exquisite.

11th September, 2017 (last edited: 12th September, 2017)
rbaker Show all reviews
A strong, fairly loud and evocative floral burst hits my nose immediately when it hits my skin: gardenia, freesia, hints of hyacinth and a slightly spicy coniander-based undertone - it tries really hard to get my attention.

The base is quite straightforward: a jasmine - the run-of-the-mill type joins up with a somewhat anaemic rose impression, pushing aside the white floral components of the top notes.

The base is characterised by the addition of a soft patchouli note, which has a sweetish undercurrent attached to it, and a very restrained vanilla; both fade out slowly towards the end.

I get moderate sillage, good projection and seven hours of longevity on my skin.

This spring scent is a chemical mix, escaped from the laboratory and a harbinger of the synthetic-sweetish soups dominating the Gucci menu these days - although it is probably a touch better than the rest of them. Rush is so generic that I am not in a Rush to buy it. At least the red bottle is hard to misplace, even in a big tote or bag. 1.75/5.
14th April, 2017
Stardate 20161214:

Milky, cloying, synthetic floral.
Scrubber
Avoid
14th December, 2016
This is just Gucci copying Hypnotic Poison and adding a distracting opening. I don't mean that to be disparaging but it becomes more and more evident as it dries down. The beginning phase of Rush is like a normal girl you know or work with, drunk beyond her rational limit at a party; it can be fun, intimidating, or annoying, but it always takes you aback. The latter parts are all vanilla-patchouli-rose a la HP or S de Scherrer. I happen to enjoy these milky woody creations so Rush is just fine by me.
13th December, 2015
Whatever else one can say about Rush, it has an abundance of character and personality - it is cheeky, daring and distinct; attributes which are so lacking from modern fragrances. The first time I smelled it I was standing on a tube station platform and the most gorgeous smell was wafting from further down the platform. I am a sucker for jasmine, gardenia, vetiver and patchouli so its a no-brainer for me although I can understand the repugnance some people feel for it. It is a monster of a frag; a throwback to the 80s powerhouses; not for the faint of heart and as often noted, must be used very sparingly. Nonetheless, when it suits the wearer and is worn at the right time and place, it is pretty spectacular.
04th July, 2015

Add your review of Rush

Shop for Rush products online

Shop for Rush at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Rush