Gucci Eau de Parfum (2002)
by Gucci

SupplierGivaudan
Creative DirectorTom Ford
Parent Company at launchWella > Cosmopolitan Cosmetics

About Gucci Eau de Parfum

Gucci Eau de Parfum is a feminine perfume by Gucci. The scent was launched in 2002 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Daniela Andrier

Gucci Eau de Parfum fragrance notes

Reviews of Gucci Eau de Parfum

Salutation.

GUCCI EDP is a Noteworthy blend of Oriental Spicy notes and Vanilla accords with a touch of Masculine as Gives you a sense of Wealth and Makes you feel Special.It is Great no doubt about it. Powerful,Hot,Captivating, Intoxicating,Rich,Attractive and Spicy.

The opening is a Little Spicy and Loud but in a Sophisticated way.The Middle notes by Caraway are Rich and then the Incense, Vanilla,Leather and Musk of the base start to emerge into the mix.The dry down is a Deep Alluring and truly one of the best dry downs I have experienced amid Female Fragrances.

This Glamorous and Provocative fragrance creates for a Mature Lady who commands Attention.not a Young and Juvenile girl.In my opinion GUCCI EDP makes you like a Femme Fatale.Perfect for Snowy Nights and Special Moments.If you are Looking for a Real Oriental Spicy fragrance this one just for you.

Sillage?Spectacular.

Longevity?Noticeable on my skin.

7.5/10
23rd April, 2015
I don't think this perfume is made any longer, but I have a pile of carded samples that I bought years ago for $.25 apiece at some old perfume shop. I always liked it in that dirty pleasure sort of way, relishing that cheap thrill of mild sleaziness of enjoying a cheap perfume.

Trying this perfume again after a few years I realize my mistake. I found these samples at some mistakenly low-price and the made amateurish mistakes of equating cheap with Cheap.   This is a beautiful, simple floriental, one that eschews the genre’s typical diva-ish complexity in favor of simple, well-chosen broad strokes. I smell it as if it is under an olfactory magnifying glass. It's laid out like paint-by-numbers canvas that only has the colors orange flower, cumin and amber filled in. The artist stepped back, realized less might be more and left if in its simple state of beauty.  Perhaps more mainstream perfumers should try this pre-editing, because Gucci EDP smell a little rough at the edges and just right.

This simple structure makes a tightly knit perfume that remains coherent through drydown.  Smelling it years later, it seems like a fragrance that could be released today as a masculine woody floral.
19th June, 2014
An intensely animalic, sweet plummy opening gives way to powdery, but no less sweet, vanilla, heliotrope, and amber accord. The lingering animalic accents reveal themselves as cumin and an indole-laden orange blossom, but after the first five or ten minutes their presence is less conspicuous. Meanwhile, the remnants of the plummy top note morph into something dark and boozy as the scent develops. The booze, indole, and cumin in tandem establish a suggestively predatory, feline undertone that offsets the sweet florals and vanilla. Prominent labdanum and a warm musk lend the cedar-based drydown a rich, retro-inspired character that’s not far in mood from the original Rochas Femme. From start to finish Gucci Eau de Parfum is an enjoyable, sophisticated scent that leaves me with a haunting impression of having come from another era.
15th June, 2014
Very dark, warm, and plush...

Like leather seats in a room full of spices and incense. This is a very dry fragrance, but quite mysterious as well. Has an almost resinous like quality to it. Spicy caraway with deep vanilla. Dry orange blossom in the opening. The "cherry" aspect of the heliotrope with the dry leather and incense make it very unique. Can be a little dry, and almost tangy with the spicy-sweet dry-down, but I like it. This is amazing for a female EDP from Gucci. There is nothing quite like this out there these days, and it also develops into an incredibly sexy dark, spicy leather scent on a man. Brilliant!
21st November, 2013
The bottle itself and the darkness of the liquid inside, was certainly intriguing to say the least. Gucci eau de Parfum was one spicy fragrance that I was dying to try.

The opening was good, spicy yet smooth and I saw that this fragrance had potential, however what followed was rather strange. The scent just vanished, it was barely detectable, a wimpering hint of spice the only thing left on my skin.

Where were those enticing flowers, the double dose of caraway seed and herbaceous thyme? I began frantically sniffing coffee beans, almost shoving them up my nose in order to smell a faint hint of something, but to no avail.

It was only about 5 hours later when the drydown began to immerge that Gucci eau de Parfum reminded me of its existance. I can see where the comparison to Dior's Hypnotic Poison comes in. The base is very vanilla with a musky and nutty feel to it. The incense and leather notes are only very faint.

Overall, from what I can gather, Gucci eau de Parfum is intentionally a soft and intimate fragrance, not so heavy with the spices as some may think and quite feminine rather than being unisex or masculine.

What I expected and what I experienced were two different things entirely.

30th June, 2011
Starts quite sweet and pretty. Changes dramatically, becomes animalic and even tangy.
Very substantial, old-school in its heft. Develops a toasted nut aspect. Then this vanishes quickly, poof.
And one is left with surprisingly little. Odd for an EdP.
I dunno, I didn't find anything here I'd enjoy smelling on someone.
16th January, 2011

Add your review of Gucci Eau de Parfum

Shop for Gucci Eau de Parfum products online

Shop for Gucci Eau de Parfum at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Gucci Eau de Parfum

Member images of Gucci Eau de Parfum

There are no member images of Gucci Eau de Parfum yet. Why not be the first?